What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

My first Brad Sears brush arrived today. The Arley 26mm Estate Badger in Ebony/Briarwood. I have heard great things about Brad's brushes and on first inspection, this is a winner, a beautiful brush.

This is the first brush handle I have had with any wood tone, so I think it is a good jumping in point with half and half. I gave it a bath in shampoo this afternoon and will lather it up for tomorrows shave.

IMG_5527.jpeg
IMG_5528.jpeg

My first Brad Sears brush arrived today. The Arley 26mm Estate Badger in Ebony/Briarwood. I have heard great things about Brad's brushes and on first inspection, this is a winner, a beautiful brush.

This is the first brush handle I have had with any wood tone, so I think it is a good jumping in point with half and half. I gave it a bath in shampoo this afternoon and will lather it up for tomorrows shave.

View attachment 1121215View attachment 1121217

One of my favorite handle styles. I miss my Arley......The knot wasn't really doing it for me though.

Attachments

• 20190414_091709 (3).jpg
    20190414_091709 (3).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
Got several TurnNShave synthetics today. Boy, are they nice. The Fan synthetics are so soft and easy to splay. Set those up with some empty handles and it should be good to go soon!

TurnNShave synthetics.jpg
Set TNS synthetics with sawdust & stirling.jpg

Angel 25mm
Quartermoon 26mm
Fan Timberwolf 26mm
Boss batch 2 24mm

Set in:
Sawdust Creation Studio Paduke
Stirling handle
Sawdust Creation Studio Big Red

Just got this brush in, scored form the BST. Dogwood Handcrafts hybrid with a Maggard 28mm synthetic knot. This is the crown jewel of my collection! I have wanted a Dogwood brush for a long time, but the drops sell out before I could ever snag one. Plus they generally come with badger knots and are spendy. I prefer synthetic, and this one popped up at just the right time. I can't capture the true beauty of this brush, but it is stunning in person.
IMG_0693.jpg
IMG_0695.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
In the past couple weeks I've bought 2 new brushes: a 26mm Mandarin from Paladin and a Simpsons Astor in Best. The knot in the Mandarin is one of the 2-3 sweetest badger knots I've ever used. It just moves across my face so smoothly and naturally. I've used the Astor once, and it was terrific. The Mandarin knot is amazing, and I have Simpson Duke 3's in Manchurian and in SilverTip that are my other top knots ever, but in general I really believe that Simpsons Best is best, as many have said. I love its backbone and scrub. I also love that Simpsons still make luxurious knots in smaller sizes.

Paladin Astor.JPG

Top Bottom