What's new

More expensive than Creed

Anyone have experience using any products by Sebum?

i got the lime version for 65 $ the cheapest one. and the serum aftershave for 125. the serum does work good, also the soap. but its way over priced. there are soaps that cost 20$ with equal or greater performance, the after shave is not as good as brand name stuff you can get from saks for less, still expensive though. i also tried the tonkabean stuff its the sister company with dumbed down packaging, which was like 30$ for the soap, it was similar to ethos. if you like soaps with scents, try Spanish soaps, by Spanish artisans.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
For the man who has everything...

Pretty sure I'm hitting the lottery today...will keep this in mind.

I especially cringe at the "Values" part of the presentation. Saving the planet with fancy packaging and ingredients while spending more than many people in the third world spend for a year of food? Ok, then...

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The "values" element to the product is the type of pretentious moralising claptrap that I detest. These products may well be the best in their class but frankly I would be embarrassed to purchase or to own them. I guess some may say the same of a high end brush or an expensive watch. To each his own 👍

FOMO is a weird thing... personally, that would be a few steps too far for me

but hey someone go ahead and let us mere mortals know what we're missing out on :)

I have the Sebum Gold soap and Sebum Purple soap and AS. From memory, I think each soap was $65 or $75 and the AS was $125. After use, I think the soap is ok. The scents are nice and you do get 7 oz of soap in a nice, sturdy glass bowl. My problem with the soap is that as a face latherer, it tends to noticeably thin out after the first pass. I read where using it via bowl lathering works better, so I tried and that does seem to help the overall lather.

The AS is very nice and I used it often during the winter months. Again the bottle and flow distributer are very nice and it only takes about 4-5 drops to do the job. The AS bottle contains 5 oz of product so you could use it every day and it would probably take a couple of years or longer to get through the whole bottle.

Having tried out these less expensive options, I would not spend the money for the more exclusive releases. I won't seek to replace the soap when done and given my rotation of aftershaves, I won't finish the AS.

I especially cringe at the "Values" part of the presentation. Saving the planet with fancy packaging and ingredients while spending more than many people in the third world spend for a year of food? Ok, then...
Lets be honest though. How can you realistically justify asking anyone to spend that much on soap? It is going to be impossible to convince most people that on its own the soap would be worth that much. So you come up with whatever else you can to make it sound/look better. It is just attempted marketing. People who can afford it and want it, most likely will not care about the packaging used to 'save the planet'.

Exactly. It is much like a wine snob paying $15,000 for a bottle of wine that has been stored in a musty cellar for the past 100 years. Then upon opening the bottle among friends he most wants to impress, finds out that the wine has turned to vinegar.

+1! Plus, some of those bottles are counterfeit! (Easy to do as many ‘collector’ bottles are meant to be stored and displayed, but not drunk.)

There are so many good products out there. I'm ok with living the rest of my life without ever trying this expensive stuff.

Top Bottom