What's new

What's your goto shave stick?

Your best shave sticks (Price/size/performance), what do you recommend?

• Total voters

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
My choice isn't on your list...Nivea's body stick. Don't let the name fool you. Great lathering face shave stick.
I have one that I will use and review in the shave stick review project

I have used other sticks but Arko is just so available and cheap. As for Erasmic. I'm currently using a vintage stick from the 70's or possibly the 80's and its a real winner. Great lather, cushion, slickness etc. The modern one while a pale imitation works for me also. So I ticked that box as well.

Hummmmm.... let me think.....

proxy.php

Limiting my choices to only currently available sticks, my ranking is:

1. La Toja
2a. Tabac
2b. Speick

If I'm allowed to choose sticks that I own but have recently been discontinued, my list would be:

1. Valobra
2. La Toja
3. Palmolive

I think these favorites lists don't paint a complete picture without knowing what other sticks the user has tried. The only other stick I've tried in addition to the 5 listed above is Arko, and I plan to buy a LEA stick next time I order from Europe.

If I'm allowed to choose sticks that I own but have recently been discontinued....
3. Palmolive

Fairly confident that the good old green stick is still being produced, just not in the UK anymore? We seem to cycle on this "Palmolive stick discontinued" thing over and over here at B&B :huh:

Fairly confident that the good old green stick is still being produced, just not in the UK anymore? We seem to cycle on this "Palmolive stick discontinued" thing over and over here at B&B :huh:
It was also made in Germany I believe. The fact that most of the established shave shops worldwide have not had stock for many months tells me it's discontinued, but yes, that's just a guess.

Yes, it's still available from lots of places, but my guess is they had lots of stock. If Arko would cease production today, I'm sure we wouldn't notice for years ;-)

Top Bottom