What's new

Canik firearms, and new to B&B, just found this section!!

Joined B&B a little over a week ago to learn more about wet shaving, and just scrolled down a bit more than I normally do and found this place!!
I use this user name on several firearms groups (the big AR one was the first one I joined back in '01), so some in here might have seen my screen name before.

But enough about that...

Lately I've picked up a few Caniks to add to my collection, and was wholly impressed by them. I started with a NIB Elite Combat in March. Shot so nice I decided to pick a NIB Executive in April. Then a few weeks they had a another used Canik TPS, and I picked it up with some extra mags. Had all the base plates and the accessories. IT was WELL used, but still shot great with the factory trigger.
one downside: To use a RMR, you have to remove the plate, which the rear sight is mounted to. So no BU sites if your RMR goes down. Oh, and a lack of night site options. so 2 downsides.

I ordered a holster for it from CAI, and a few weeks later ordered a RedX Gear holster and mag pouch.
It carries better than my G19, but not a well as my LB TRS IBW.
But its still easier than the 19, and even with the +2 factory baseplate, its not very difficult to conceal with a busy, untucked button up.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Welcome to the forum...you'll be appreciated.

I'm not familiar with Caniks, but I'm a revolver guy. Sounds like a Glock...kinda sorta.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Welcome! Yes...even more than shaving! Although...Shaving stuff is pretty good.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Welcome, you'll enjoy this gentleman's forum, like the rest of B&B. No flaming or arrogance to be found here. And we do love pics! While I've heard of Canik firearms, I must admit I'm not very familiar with them. Did I mention we like pics?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Bienvenido! There's no stuffed shirts here, just body armor.

I'd like to shoot a Canik, they get decent reviews.

AA

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Welcome aboard. Not too long ago, a range regular in an adjacent lane & I swapped pistols, two of which I had never handled, let alone, ever shot - an FN FNS-40 & a Canik S-120. Suffice it to say that I was every bit as impressed with the Turk S-120 as I was the FN.

Welcome, you'll enjoy this gentleman's forum, like the rest of B&B. No flaming or arrogance to be found here. And we do love pics! While I've heard of Canik firearms, I must admit I'm not very familiar with them. Did I mention we like pics?

They were a close copy of the Walther P99.
But with the TP series, they have made some design changes to the gun.
They are very accurate shooters.
I need to get a booster for my Gemtech 9MM Multimount can and try it on the Elite Combat and Executive.
The other TP9 is a full slide.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Welcome! Have shot the Canik a few times and absolutely love it. As soon as they change the design of the rear sight, I will get one. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
^ That there's high praise!

It's a great pistol! This thread dropped down quick, I forgot it was here! :)

I have tried, shot and put thru the ringer, more brands and types of striker fired pistols, than many people I know, save for some of the famous guys on Youtube. I wouldn't attempt to say, the Canik TP9 is the best striker pistol to be had, (ya'll already know, I have that spot saved for Glock :) )

But I will tell you, there isn't a better quality, better reliable, better accurate or better striker fired trigger to be had, "FOR THE MONEY" Then the Canik line of pistols. I need to add the Caveat, (without making things political)
That it is a Turkish manufactured pistol. I don't like Turkey's politics. And I will leave it at that.

However, It really does check all the boxes for a great striker fired pistol. Because it is a copy of the Walther, it's ergonomics when picking it up, is just as wonderful and natural as a Walther PPQ. Low slide height, great balance with the proper forward axis ratio, 60,000 round torture tests for reliability without a cleaning or a hiccup. And it's finish, build and fit is every bit as durable and rugged as dare I say it? Glock.

And the trigger? Anyone who knows anything about striker fired pistols, knows, when it comes to triggers, the PPQ/PPS series of Walthers, pistols are probably the best there is. Along right there with them is the HK's VP series of pistols. So while I ain't gonna lie and say the Canik is better, it does rank right up there and compete with them.

Every striker fired pistol in the world, no matter the make and brand, has some amount of take up. Not creep. Take up. Canik's take up is incredibly minimal. The wall is as short as there is, right along with the Walther and HK and the break is so clean and crisp, you would be amazed. Sig Sauer's new P320 line has one of the shortest resets you can find. Canik's is better.

And finally, what is probably some of the coolest things about the Canik TP9? First, You can find them on sale for around $300 base price. Secondly, you can customize a Canik straight from the factory. Want nights to come with it? Threaded barrel? Custom Cerokote in Patriot Brown? Want it to come with an RDS? Not just the plate but an actual red dot. And you will still pay a lower finish price then any other maker by hundreds of dollars.

However, the only reason why I can't jump on this great deal of a pistol is because, for all it's praise, It's rear sight design, is the funkiest and dumbest design I have ever seen. The rear dovetail is so far forward, if you order one with an MOS plate to mount an RDS? You have to get rid of the rear sight. That's right, no rear back ups in case the RDS goes down.

As great as the pistol is at such an awesome price, this simple fact, negates all of it's positives for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom