What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Couldn’t decide on which to order so I ordered both (as you do). The tatara razor is also new [emoji2]

proxy.php

Dude what’s that blue one? Dig it a lot!
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Beautiful brush! Made to order custom or off the shelf? I have a custom on order and it has bee 6 weeks. Just curious on timing if yours was custom. Thanks.

Thanks, Hedy!

Yes, custom order placed on April 20th with Brad Sears Shaveworks. This is the M&F Legacy Badger 2XL; the handle has some different dimensions to the "regular" 2XL, which I also own in Finest.

I have been shaving with the same inexpensive synthetic every day for several years, but recently decided to splurge a bit on a nice Simpson brush. I had a mid tier Simpson brush a long time ago, but I figured if I was to buy another I should go big or go home. I ended up with this lovely Duke 3 Manchurian Badger in limited edition faux sapphire. I got rid of my last Simpson due to excessive shedding, but this brush has only shed one or two hairs in the 6-10 shaves I have had so far. The tips need to break in a bit more, but I am enjoying this brush.
proxy.php
proxy.php

I have been shaving with the same inexpensive synthetic every day for several years, but recently decided to splurge a bit on a nice Simpson brush. I had a mid tier Simpson brush a long time ago, but I figured if I was to buy another I should go big or go home. I ended up with this lovely Duke 3 Manchurian Badger in limited edition faux sapphire. I got rid of my last Simpson due to excessive shedding, but this brush has only shed one or two hairs in the 6-10 shaves I have had so far. The tips need to break in a bit more, but I am enjoying this brush.
proxy.php
proxy.php
Very nice. Goes great with you GP scuttle.

It’s a custom brush. The handle is called 173 and the colour is called midnight blue or something like that. Feels and looks great in my opinion [emoji2956]

Okay.. My hat's off to Artisan brush makers.. Yes, I said Artisan. I know it is a debatable most of the time over analyzed and disputed term in the soap world. But here it goes:

I have been waiting to get on the Wolf Whiskers wait list for over a year. I finally was able to get on the list in March. Yesterday, Peter Wolf sent me the pictures of the turned brush he had made for me after several emails. Might I add he sent me his cell # when we came to a cross roads with the color scheme. I have spent a lot of money on name brand brushes (you know who). I will say none will touch this one for 1/4 of the price do to the experience. And to mention this was hand made for me, Mountain Grown.

With this preface.. I went with the synthetic Knot. Thought it would be sacrileges somehow that I would not put the very best badger knot in it. I chose the 25mm 3rd batch Black Wolf Synthetic hybrid/fan knot.. I've found that I love both Badger and Synthetic, it's my mood or weather of the day. Season, love how Badger retains warmth in the winter. I went with my gut on this one.

My definition of artisan is:

Artisan = Accessible

Here are the photos he sent for approval, shipped today should get it on Thursday. :badger:

DSC08874.jpeg

DSC08869.jpeg

Okay.. My hat's off to Artisan brush makers.. Yes, I said Artisan. I know it is a debatable most of the time over analyzed and disputed term in the soap world. But here it goes:

I have been waiting to get on the Wolf Whiskers wait list for over a year. I finally was able to get on the list in March. Yesterday, Peter Wolf sent me the pictures of the turned brush he had made for me after several emails. Might I add he sent me his cell # when we came to a cross roads with the color scheme. I have spent a lot of money on name brand brushes (you know who). I will say none will touch this one for 1/4 of the price do to the experience. And to mention this was hand made for me, Mountain Grown.

With this preface.. I went with the synthetic Knot. Thought it would be sacrileges somehow that I would not put the very best badger knot in it. I chose the 25mm 3rd batch Black Wolf Synthetic hybrid/fan knot.. I've found that I love both Badger and Synthetic, it's my mood or weather of the day. Season, love how Badger retains warmth in the winter. I went with my gut on this one.

Artisan = Accessible

Here are the photos he sent for approval, shipped today should get it on Thursday. :badger:

View attachment 1119938
View attachment 1119939

Wow that looks fantastic!

Artisan = Accessible

View attachment 1119938
View attachment 1119939
That does look absolutely fantastic.
Enjoy it!

Artisan = Accessible

View attachment 1119938
View attachment 1119939

Not bad but....a year???
Man, I couldn't do it.
Hats off to you.

Hi Owen, and thank you kindly! Paladin sourced the Ebonite & turned the handle and Lee Sabini installed the knot sometime in late 2014 or early 2015, I believe.

These colored ebonite brushes with the "Kansas City-London" engraving are known as "Second Batch Paladins," if memory serves me correctly, sir.

Top Bottom