What's new

Another help choosing a boar question.

I have 10066 that’s ok, but I’m a head shaver too. Looking at semogue this time. Looking for larger handled brush with more scrub than the 10066. Partial to natural wood but painted is cool too. Suggestions?

The Omega wooden-handled boars are theoretically the same knot as what you have. However, I have had 3 11137s over the years, and none of them ever opened up like my 10066 or even my other wooden Omegas (10005). They stay scrubby. So that may be an option.

Semogue 2000 is a big handle and massive knot, but due to the bristles not being as fine as some of their other brushes, it's a sturdy knot in a natural wood handle.

I have 10066 that’s ok, but I’m a head shaver too. Looking at semogue this time. Looking for larger handled brush with more scrub than the 10066. Partial to natural wood but painted is cool too. Suggestions?
I’m a face and head shaver as well.
Zenith Chubby Scrubby Boar B27 - 28mm x 55mm This brush is fully broken in. The knot is very full and dense. Of my four boar hair brushes this hair is the finest or thinnest. Damp and drying knot measured at handle lip 30mm. The brush does not have a prominent bloom and for its size the footprint stays very tight. It feels and maneuvers like a 26mm knot. Brush splay is very comfortable and easily controlled. The measured loft from glue bump is 46mm. The badger soft tips paint with buttery smooth comfort. The acrylic handle is comfortable, little effort needed to control any scrubbing. Zero scritch with this brush and the scrub is a very pleasant medium soft. The backbone is a medium hard to me, very nice. The hair and handle to me are above average quality. This is a high performance boar hair brush.
Photo with the Zenith Horse. You can get the larger handle on some of the boar knots.

Attachments

• 53D56F97-4043-4F48-9466-67BB35B49C03.jpeg
    53D56F97-4043-4F48-9466-67BB35B49C03.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
The Omega wooden-handled boars are theoretically the same knot as what you have. However, I have had 3 11137s over the years, and none of them ever opened up like my 10066 or even my other wooden Omegas (10005). They stay scrubby. So that may be an option.

Semogue 2000 is a big handle and massive knot, but due to the bristles not being as fine as some of their other brushes, it's a sturdy knot in a natural wood handle.

I am not a head shaver, but I’m with @TBoner about the 2000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zenith Chubby Scrubby Boar B27 - 28mm x 55mm This brush is fully broken in. The knot is very full and dense. Of my four boar hair brushes this hair is the finest or thinnest. Damp and drying knot measured at handle lip 30mm. The brush does not have a prominent bloom and for its size the footprint stays very tight. It feels and maneuvers like a 26mm knot. Brush splay is very comfortable and easily controlled. The measured loft from glue bump is 46mm. The badger soft tips paint with buttery smooth comfort. The acrylic handle is comfortable, little effort needed to control any scrubbing. Zero scritch with this brush and the scrub is a very pleasant medium soft. The backbone is a medium hard to me, very nice. The hair and handle to me are above average quality. This is a high performance boar hair brush.
Photo with the Zenith Horse. You can get the larger handle on some of the boar knots.
[/QUOTE

Top Bottom