What's new

Tabac products

Heys guys, I know tabac soap is a great product performance wise but the scent seems to be the yes or no thing. I was wondering what your wives or other people around you are thinking about the scent of their products. Mostly the aftershave and cologne. Thanks

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
My wife tolerates, but does not like, Tabac AS or cologne or any of my other old school scents as she prefers something more modern. I do not wear Tabac EDT as it is simply awful and smells nothing like Tabac.

My wife doesn't traditionally get close enough to me to notice scents [emoji41]. But tabac isn't an offensive one to anyone I've met. Arko on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
No issue here. I shave before I shower so even though I may use Tabac soap which can be quite strong the aroma is washed away in the shower. I have not tried Tabac aftershave before but a friend on the forum sent me a home made spray with Tabac as the base and LOTH was not a great fan, hence I did not buy any Tabac Aftershave.

My Mom came to live with us after my Dad passed away and, for the last few years, I've been using her as an unwilling test subject. I'll try a soap or balm, then lean in real close so she gets a good whiff of it. Most of her reviews are terse.

For example, with Tabac, she said "Like our basement when it flooded." For Arko, she grimaced and muttered "What is that?! Furniture polish?" For RR Green Label, she just said "Pine-Sol." For Vitos Classic, she said "Horse liniment." Just about every soap I've tried has gotten a comment like that.

However, she did say that Proraso Green smelled like "Cough candy. I like it." Now, whenever I take her to the drug store, she insists on buying me a tub of Proraso Green. Moms are the best! ❤

So...what does Tabac smell like?
Ah, thou hath opened a large can of worms, forsooth.

Some people say that it smells like our memories of Grandma's purse -- when we were kids, and Mom or Grandma would click her bag open for change or lipstick, and we'd get a whiff of powder and perfume. I don't find it annoying, and my Tabac stick has lost nearly all its scent anyway (though none of its shaving performance, which is great).

My wife really likes it on me. I was accepting of the scent at first, it has since grown on me a good bit. The wife has always made an enthusiastic comment about how nice I smell when I wear it.

we definitely smell scents differently. I just recently acquired Pinaud vanilla, and she loves the waysbut smells, but I’m not there with her, I think it smells a little off.

Thanks all for quick replies, was about to buy the soap or stick (cheaper ) to see if I like it but I like to have the matching AS si was wondering if it's worth it. Also working in an office mostly women from 40 to 60. I guess I'll start with the soap and see if I get converted.

My wife tolerates it, but she does call some of my aftershaves "old man" smell. When I use Tabac, Clubman or Aqua Velva, I let her know that I put on one of my 'old man" scents and she rolls her eyes and laughs. For me, these aftershaves don't hang around too loudly for too long, and I wear them to work often.

She really loves the cologne dupe scents like Executive Man and Sandpiper.

Top Bottom