What's new

Nacet lover question

Try Gillette 7 o’clock super platinum Black
much much smoother blade.
if you don’t like blacks send them my way, I will send your way twice as many Nacet. Because backs are at least twice better.

Nacets are my favorite too.
Others that I like are:
Lord Platinum
Parker Platinum
Gillette WS India
7'oclock Yellow and Green(Russia)
Vidyut Supermax Platinum
Crown

Ones that don't agree with me at all:
Vokshod
Personna Platinum Chrome

So far, the Nacet is the best DE blade I've tried to date, and I've tried 10 or so. My stubble is a blade killer, which means most blades are a one-and-done for me. I get 3 consistent shaves from a Nacet. Very nice blades.

Nacet are a favorite of mine, although I have extremely sensitive skin (I’ve developed a sensitivity to almost every scented soap or cream I’ve tried and even some unscented ones) so the first 2 shaves aren’t the smoothest for me. Not bad, but I need to be careful. I use an EJ de86, same head as the newer ones so not mild but far from aggressive. GSB are outstanding and the 7 OC Black is real nice too. My go to is Personna med prep, but I’d be happy using any of the ones I mentioned for life.

Ok, so blades are highly individual i get that but...
After testing 10+ blades i found Nacet to be the most close, forgiving and best match for my skin.
Now my question is for all the people who have similar skin and experience.
Any blades that you use too, moved on to, have as an alternative or see equal?
I love Nacet but i just wonder if there is any i should give a shot before settling.

If you like Nacets, you might like

Gillette Silver Blue (GSB)
7Oclock Yellow Sharp-edge
Personna Israeli Reds

Truth be told, I wouldn't bet $20 that I could differentiate between them in a blind test. My guess is that if you were to overlap them in all the relevant characteristics that the variance between individual blades within the type would be at least as wide as the variance between the medians of each type of blade. But as is always the case with blades, YMMV.

After four years in this wonderful hobby and four years here on Badger & Blade, I've tried Astra SP,
Feather, Israeli Red Personna, Derby, Personna Lab Blue, Voskhod, Rockwell, Polsilver, Crystal, Merkur,
Gillette Nacet, and Gillette Silver Blue. I just bought 200 Gillette Nacets from Italian Barber.
The Nacet gets along beautifully with all my razors --- Timeless Bronze, Rockwell 6C, Edwin Jagger Ebony,
Maggard's MR5-v.3, and Merkur 34C. For me and my face, with my razors .... Pretty darn perfect !
That pretty much answers your question, in my humble opinion. Happy Shaving Sir !

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just recently updated my Blade review for 2020 and the Nacet are a very good blade but not totally my favorite and I like a little variety when shaving especially with a large amount of razors I have in rotation. Some razors work a little better with a certain blade or they can give a razor a little more blade exposure like using a DE Kai SS because it's wider than a standard blade by approx .009 thousand of a inch.

..........................2020......................................................................2018......................................
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg
Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg

Have some great shaves!

After four years in this wonderful hobby and four years here on Badger & Blade, I've tried Astra SP,
Feather, Israeli Red Personna, Derby, Personna Lab Blue, Voskhod, Rockwell, Polsilver, Crystal, Merkur,
Gillette Nacet, and Gillette Silver Blue. I just bought 200 Gillette Nacets from Italian Barber.
That pretty much answers your question, in my humble opinion. Happy Shaving Sir !
IMHO.. one of my top 3.. love this blade, in all of my razors.

Nacet, Astra SS, and Astra SP, in that order for my picks. I have quite a few left of 100 Gillette Blacks (India), which have equivalent sharpness, but feel much rougher. I have tried a bunch of Gillettes, some Personnas, Feather, Wilkinsons, etc., but the top 3 are clear. I have not tried PermaSharps on the BICs.

I tried the Nacet for the 1st time today and was pretty impressed. I have been sampling DE blades and was not very impressed by the GSB. For me the Astra SP's actually worked better but the Nacet was closer to my personal favorite (so far) than the GSB ever was. The Nacet was smooth and yet very sharp right off the bat.

The Personna Med Preps and Labs have been the best performing blades for me so far. I do have a pack of the Wizamet's coming in tomorrow so will see how they perform for me as well. Plus I have about 10 more samples to go through.

haven't tried the Nacet's yet but so far the Polsilver SI suits me best, Gillette silver blue and perma sharp are my other two options

Top Bottom