What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, June 29th 2020, took out my interesting looking ASR Family member the Everready 1912 for another shave, I like the handle on it with the pronounce hexagon edges creates a different feel of a grip and hard to MFG IMO.

Razor: Everready 1912 -Mfg in Great Britain from 1936-53- excellent mid range razor. This model feels nice in my hand.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) great blade in a lot of ways,sharpness, longevity, cost, and very predictable IMO.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum - I always get good results from this great soap, mild bayrum scent, excellent lather!
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot synthetic 24mm- very enjoyable brush with good brush characteristics to make & apply lather.
Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor :thumbsup: with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Best shave with my recent acquired Everready 1912 British variant.

MMMonday,June 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gem Junior with brass bulldog handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200628_083939.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Monday June 29, 2020
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (1)
Soap: OH Puck!

1593461971967.png

As promised, a fresh Kai Pink this morning -- first time I've used the V3OC with a brand-new blade.

My, my, my...THAT was the shave I was looking for. (Well, ONE of the shaves...:))

Now we'll see how long the blade lasts in this thing!

O.H.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Micromatic Monday Shave 20200629
20200629_170316~2.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 "Little Lather Catcher", @camoloc Handle
Blade: Personna GEM (6)
Brush: @Graydog 'Chubby' w/26mm Full Moon
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Brut Classic

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Ever-Ready 1914 "Little Lather Catcher" with the @camoloc handle is nicely balanced - very controlled and secure grip.

MdC soap is phenomenal. The @Graydog 'Chubby' loads easily and builds mounds of great lather.

A very pleasurable Micromatic Monday shave! :)

Ron R

SOTD, Tue, June 30th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2- Mfg 2018> A good mild daily driver, 3 pass shaver IMO.
Blade: Gem SS PTFE modified (5) Excellent blade with all the good characteristics a person wants in a blade.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- Great soap with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm synthetic - I like this brush, reminds me of my broke in Omega boar brush - Scritch.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2(testing) + pickups.( Oneblade Core needs 3 passes).
Post shave: Avon "True Gent" colonge with witch hazel + a dollop of Avon True Gent balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBB + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: good shave with my Oneblade Core.
SOTD, Tue June 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Schick Injector (Adjustable) / Schick Twin (# unkown, a lot)
TBS Maca Root & Aloe (Finally finished off the container)
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Old Spice (Homebrew)
Soap Commander (Endurance) Balm

Early morning shave, as I had my networking meeting this morning (via Zoom), and wanted a razor that shaved quickly, yet close. Usually it's the OneBlade with Barbasol, but decided to give the Schick Adjustable a run, and finally finish off the TBS Maca Root & Aloe. One nice, close, three pass shave, and I'm still BBS smooth at noon hour.

Schick Injector (Adjustable) / Schick Twin (# unkown, a lot)
TBS Maca Root & Aloe (Finally finished off the container)
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Old Spice (Homebrew)
Soap Commander (Endurance) Balm

Early morning shave, as I had my networking meeting this morning (via Zoom), and wanted a razor that shaved quickly, yet close. Usually it's the OneBlade with Barbasol, but decided to give the Schick Adjustable a run, and finally finish off the TBS Maca Root & Aloe. One nice, close, three pass shave, and I'm still BBS smooth at noon hour.
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna Gem PFTE
Soap: MdC original
AS: Speick

Ron R

SE SOTD, Wed, July 1st 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic open comb, Bumpless variant-Mfg 1930-32 excellent mid> range razor.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, very sharp, longevity, cost effective, very predictable blade IMO.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- great scent and good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi timberwolf whiskers 24mm synthetic- very good brush to bowl lather and excellent brush qualities,soft tips
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem MMOC bumpless razor.
SOTD Wed July1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday July 1, 2020 -- Canada Day ("It's When Canada Celebrates the Fourth of July!")
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3OC: Made in Canada
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (2): not made in Canada...
Soap: OH Puck!: Made in Canada

1593629526918.png

Another grand Canadian tradition: shaving after getting mosquito bites. Almost as bad as shaving fly bites.

But it's the quickest way to remove them. [grin]

So there was a little blood, but it wasn't a surprise. The shave was excellent. Didn't even require much clean up.

O.H.

Top Bottom