What's new

College Student Roll Call

What music school is he attending?Is he working on a BME degree? I got a BM degree 50 years ago. Worthless degree it was except to say I got a degree. Cartridge razors weren’t on the scene yet.
He is working on a bachelor of music education at Liberty University. He will leave the college certified to teach music. He is also getting a minor in Spanish and plans on getting certified to teach that as a backup plan.

Personally, I wish I could have had any degree when I was younger. It would have opened up more opportunities. However, my education means a lot more to me now than it did back then and my kids get motivated to do well when they know their dad is taking graduate courses while they are in school.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He is working on a bachelor of music education at Liberty University. He will leave the college certified to teach music. He is also getting a minor in Spanish and plans on getting certified to teach that as a backup plan.

Personally, I wish I could have had any degree when I was younger. It would have opened up more opportunities. However, my education means a lot more to me now than it did back then and my kids get motivated to do well when they know their dad is taking graduate courses while they are in school.

W

i got my BM degree from Indiana University. I was urged to get a BME but I said no way would I teach public school music. What’s your sons instrument?

W

i got my BM degree from Indiana University. I was urged to get a BME but I said no way would I teach public school music. What’s your sons instrument?

Thanks for asking! His primary instrument is trombone, plus he does vocals (he came out with an album about a year ago). He also plays guitar, and has a basic level of competentcy in piano, sax, drums, and trumpet (I played horn in high school, so he has "borrowed" mine).

What do you focus on? Are you still involved in music, either for your career or for fun?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The guys I know in their 20s obviously--from observation and logical deduction--shave in the shower using razors that come in plastic bags. Like the Gillette Good News.
I still do this when in a hurry!

So I must conclude that you think I look much younger than my 58 years!

Thank you so much my new friend!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I graduated from Boston College in 1980. I commuted to and from school, but my friend Fred lived on campus. I had seen and was intrigued by shaving brushes, mugs, and soap from seeing them on television, but had never seen someone actually use them. But this guy Fred used a brush, a puck of Williams in a mug, and a straight razor, and he was only 20 or 21. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, so I soon went out and bought a brush and some Williams soap, but never made the leap to a straight razor. I used a Trac II or perhaps a Black Beauty. I know I used each of them at some point, but details are fuzzy. Ever since then I've been pretty faithful to using soap throughout my adult life. There were probably 2 or 3 times that I used canned foam for a few months or a year, but in general I've continued to use a brush and soap since college. I transitioned to full time DE razors and blades about 10 years ago.

I've worked with college kids for a long time. Over the years I've given 2 or 3 guys a stick of Arko or a Razorock synthetic. I think you might be surprised by the small but substantial number of kids who use trad shaving gear, particularly those who've been exposed to hipster culture.

I did read the thread

I did not read responses

And I'm not sure how hipsters are connected with a question "Who is in college and what is your major?"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you everyone for chiming in. By no means was I expecting a large response but from what I can gather, it will take some more time before my generation "grows" into the hobby.
My son just graduated. Business major. He has only used DE razors, but he shaves in the shower with whatever is handy for soap, I believe.

Top Bottom