What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I am a big fan of Stirling soaps, having enjoyed Barbershop, MITA, Piacenza, Bay Rum, Bergamot Lavender,
Sharp Dressed Man, and Gentleman. And now, I'm really having a great time with Boat Drinks. As the OP
has correctly stated, Stirling soaps lather easily and smell terrific. I always get a thick rich lather, with
plenty of cushion, glide, and smoothness.

Awesome shave this morning!
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
AS: Stirling Island Man
AS Balm: Stirling Iced Pineapple (just awesome)
Scent: Stirling Executive Man

Executive Man needs to be sprayed directly on clothes for me to get much out of it. Interesting, though, is that even if I don't smell it at all for a few hours, at the end of the day, I'll get a whiff of it. I've also found that Old Spice Timber goes well with it lol go figure

Just bought Stirling Bay Rum, and Black Cherry.
Like them both. The Black Cherry has a more marzipan/almond scent to my nose...but it's a 73 year old nose so maybe not working as it used to.
Lots of lovely lather. No complaints.
If you haven't tried a Stirling soap yet then you really should give one a test drive. Decent size tub too...5.8oz so you get a good bang for your buck.

Do co-workers give you funny looks, like you should not have stayed out drinking so late last night?

🍹
It's 5 o'clock somewhere friend 😉
I am a big fan of Stirling soaps, having enjoyed Barbershop, MITA, Piacenza, Bay Rum, Bergamot Lavender,
Sharp Dressed Man, and Gentleman. And now, I'm really having a great time with Boat Drinks. As the OP
has correctly stated, Stirling soaps lather easily and smell terrific. I always get a thick rich lather, with
plenty of cushion, glide, and smoothness.
Just bought Stirling Bay Rum, and Black Cherry.
Like them both. The Black Cherry has a more marzipan/almond scent to my nose...but it's a 73 year old nose so maybe not working as it used to.
Lots of lovely lather. No complaints.
If you haven't tried a Stirling soap yet then you really should give one a test drive. Decent size tub too...5.8oz so you get a good bang for your buck.
Thanks gents! I plan on doing other Stirling scents as I order them. Currently next in line will be Barber, Bayrum, Agar, and Boat drinks (if I can get it).
Until then, I should be posting up my other threads for B&M this week.

I purchased a sample of the shaving soap, and I agree with another shaver that it does have a minor sophisticated Irish Spring kick to it. For me, the dry puck is more musk, but the Irish Spring green comes out when lathered.

For those that have tried the aftershave, what do you get when everything dries down (15 minutes or so). I might pass if the green is more prominent.

Intriguing. I do like the Irish Spring scent....I may have to snag a sample myself. Although I already have way too many aftershaves! :eek2:

Had to stock up with Stirling's sale. My favorite body soap and had to try Barbershop shave soap.View attachment 1119780
89F41C56-7589-47C0-98C5-64F85EF76D24_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
One thing to be aware of is Stirling Soap Uses ALMOND OIL. I wish I could try a number of these, but my allergy to tree nuts renders them untouchable for me. I’ve heard amazing things about their soap, but I wish they’d replace the almond oil with another type.

... I’d rather be shaving! [emoji631]

One thing to be aware of is Stirling Soap Uses ALMOND OIL. I wish I could try a number of these, but my allergy to tree nuts renders them untouchable for me. I’ve heard amazing things about their soap, but I wish they’d replace the almond oil with another type.

If you are allergic to tree nuts, does that make you allergic to shea butter, too?

Oddly, I haven’t had much reaction to Shea butter but Almonds tend to be up there on the avoidance list. That, walnuts, and hazelnuts.

I'll be darned. I just put a few drops on the back of my hand so that I could sniff it as it dries down and changes. It does dry to a bit of an Irish Spring/clean laundry sort of scent. There is something else there too though, maybe citrus. I purchased several Stirling soaps and splashes recently, and hadn't had a chance for a full wear yet. Now I like it quite a bit more than I first thought actually.

Not sure who tested it or how it was validated, but the following would help explain why shea butter doesn’t affect me much. It claims refined she’s butter poses no threat. (Normally I have anaphylaxis from ingesting tree nuts, but not peanuts.)

“Shea nuts are tree nuts used to produce shea nut butter, sometimes known as shea nut oil. ... Scientific investigations have found that refined shea nut butter does not pose any known or likely allergy risk to consumers, including those with peanut or tree nut allergies.”
-https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/knowledgebase/shea-nuts/

Alright, if you guys could pick one 'set' outside of Executive Man and Sharp Dressed Man, what would it be? Longevity of the edt also being important, here. I don't know if I'm ready to pull the trigger on Mountain Man yet.

Top Bottom