What's new

Chips & Guacamole vs. Pita & Hummus

Chips & Guacamole vs. Pita & Hummus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretend that once you make your choice, the one you didn't choose vanishes from existence and you can never have it again.

I'm going with chips & guac, but I'm not happy about it.

Pita and hummus is getting stomped. I didn't totally expect that. You guys like it though, right? I love it ALMOST as much as chips & guac. If it's about crunch, you can get those crunchy pita chips.

I absolutely love hummus, don't even need pita... but i like pita too. i'll take a piece of fresh garlic & green onion too, if that's available..

chips/guac don't really do anything for me.. but i'lll miss avocado and tomato

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I love both. It just depends on what your cooking in the kitchen to match things up. I wouldn't mix a batch of hummus up to go on my fajita tacos, although now that I mention it, it sounds pretty good.

Clearly guac and chips for me. I do not think I will ever get tired of good guac.

I feel like I have eaten so much indifferent hummus over the years, including hummus I have made myself, that I could tolerate it disappearing off the planet.

Except for hummus from Michael Solomonov (of Zahav)'s Dizengoff in Philly, which is mind-expanding good. Chef Solomonov claims hummus this good is on every corner in Israel. If so, I am truly impressed, and I wonder why we eat what we usually do in the States.

I think I prefer pita in a soft freshly baked, not chip form. Corn chips, pita chips, regular pita, all good and about even, I would say!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I wouldn't mix a batch of hummus up to go on my fajita tacos, although now that I mention it, it sounds pretty good.

I actually made a jalapeno-cilantro hummus with even more cumin than normal and a bunch of smoked paprika. It was a champ on some tacos! I smeared it on the tortilla like refried beans.

I feel like I have eaten so much indifferent hummus over the years, including hummus I have made myself, that I could tolerate it disappearing off the planet.

I've had some pretty lousy guacamole, too. Both can be done very well, and both can just lie there like a dead rat.

On the flip side, I don't know if I've ever slapped a table over great hummus the same way I've done so over some great guacamole (but I also don't know if I've had the best hummus out there).

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I actually made a jalapeno-cilantro hummus with even more cumin than normal and a bunch of smoked paprika. It was a champ on some tacos! I smeared it on the tortilla like refried beans.

I've had some pretty lousy guacamole, too. Both can be done very well, and both can just lie there like a dead rat.

On the flip side, I don't know if I've ever slapped a table over great hummus the same way I've done so over some great guacamole (but I also don't know if I've had the best hummus out there).
A trip to Lebanon or Israel could help you with that. Take pictures please.

Top Bottom