What's new

Vitos | Extra Super Coco | Extra Super Rosso+ | 1000 ml | Storage Issues

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Leave it open to the air and it's gonna be fine in a few days, Mike.

That sounds eerily reminiscent of Tabac. Nothing else can be that strong or sharp though.

1528238194731.gif

Yep. (A favorite of mine.)

Yep. It's an almond scent, but as Jim says it's very faint. I also have to stick my nose right into my tin to get the slight scent... and unlike Jim, my container remains closed every moment that I'm not shaving.

View attachment 1118183

We look forward to your findings once you've received it Mike. :001_smile

Good to hear! Thanks Cal. If its that faint I'm sure it will be fine. Heavy almond scents have a surprisingly negative effect on my stomach.

The version I have is the one in the green label box. It must have been NOS when I got it because I don’t get any of the almond scent. The only thing I smell is a powdery scent from the talc

Got my kg of Vitos Red Coco from Connaught 2 weeks ago. It's right up there with my favorites: Tabac, Arko & Proraso. Every single shave is outstanding. Smooth, no irritation. Face feels like a baby's butt afterward. I highly reccomend this soap. Scent is marazipan. I don't smell any coco in it. Doesn't really matter to me.

After reading this thread I had to order some. No dealership in the states had it so I went to Connaught and glad I did. They not only had Vitos Red Coco but was able to choose a 100 ml jar instead of the whole block. I also ordered some Wickhams and a couple other items to scratch my Lavender itch.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My chunk off the big Kg block has zero scent (that I notice) after being left open to the air for a week. I cut a piece, about 80mg, from the block and pressed it into a soap container. I use Vitos Red daily for my shaves, but leave the top open on the soap container all the time (other than when taking photos) so the soap can dry between uses.

No scent at all is...

7-10-20.FOCS.Mistura.Vitos.640.JPG

...good news to me (and perhaps to Mike @Esox) as I don't like the marzipan scent much at all.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I was intrigued by this soap so thought the kilo for £13. I reckoned it so cheap that I took the chance of liking it.
Arriving tomorrow and dying to try it. Thing is, I've gone from the likes of MDC to cheap ! However, I reckoned that if Italian barbers use it, it must be reasonable stuff.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I use Vitos Red daily for my shaves, but leave the top open on the soap container all the time (other than when taking photos) so the soap can dry between uses.

Since you're pressing and molding it into a container and leaving it open. Assuming you have AC running this time of year, have you noticed it drying out and shrinking in that container Jim?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Since you're pressing and molding it into a container and leaving it open. Assuming you have AC running this time of year, have you noticed it drying out and shrinking in that container Jim?

Yes on AC. No on drying and shrinking.

It does get wet daily though because I shave with it daily. My practice is to leave soaps uncovered after I use them. If I'm not going to use them tomorrow then I'll usually close the lid tomorrow morning when I grab something else. However, I'm really only using Vitos (and almost always Vitos Red Cocco) so it stays open expect on picture day (or picture minute).

Hey, Al @AimlessWanderer, damn the metric system.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yes, I endorse the Beta 4.3 SV soaps over their previous formulas. These hard soaps, vegetable based, are large and last a long time.

Marco, I have the Saponificio Veresino Beta 4.2. It is a wonderful soap, in my opinion. Once it's gone, I'll but the Beta 4.3. Do you have any opinion about the Acqua di Parma aftershave balms?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, I have the Saponificio Veresino Beta 4.2. It is a wonderful soap, in my opinion. Once it's gone, I'll but the Beta 4.3. Do you have any opinion about the Acqua di Parma aftershave balms?

My friend, I am not a balm user, hence I cannot give an opinion. However, it should be a high-end product in line with the matching soap.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!

The Acqua di Parma balms are excellent. They are on par with the ABC balms, but if you want cheaper performance L’Occitane Cade or Pre de Provence balms are very good. They are not however, scented with AdP Colonia!

ADE231CE-AAFB-4E94-B4EF-D21CC36E00D5.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Acqua di Parma balms are excellent. They are on par with the ABC balms, but if you want cheaper performance L’Occitane Cade or Pre de Provence balms are very good. They are not however, scented with AdP Colonia!

View attachment 1132600

Don't you need the brush to complete the set?

1596980537137.png

I really do like hearing about the balms. I've not tried any of the expensive balms and know nothing about them.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom