What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

13/16 CMon
PAA Sangre De Drago
24mm Graydog Boar
Miller Strop
CeraVe HA Serum
Proraso Red AS

20200626_061008.jpg

2 1/2 passes this morn. Special thanks to @MilkCrate for the PAA sample. Wonderful scent. My first time using this maker. Good suds for the task!

be well all.

10/10

camo

IMG_20200626_071536-01.jpeg

Joseph Smith
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 200
Pinaud Clubman

Second time out for the Joseph Smith and first time trying MWF. Gotta say it was superb. Totally got the "Velvet Squeege" effect again with this razor and "Da Fat" made mounds and mounds of creamy, slick lather with no trouble at all. Great face feel post shave too.

cool ad, i wonder if you have the light or strong beard version, is that 1/4 vs near wedge?
what does "ditto" mean? does it refer to case.. if so, why is the pricing get worse for more?
I would think ditto would refer to the type of the razor being the same and the qty increases hence the pricing gets higher. I would say I have the light version due to size and weight of the razor.

I would think ditto would refer to the type of the razor being the same and the qty increases hence the pricing gets higher. I would say I have the light version due to size and weight of the razor.

2 for 19/6, 4 for 42, 7 for 70

so at 2 is 9.8 each, 4 at 10.5 each and 7 at 10 each? wouldn't the price get cheaper for volume? or is the case more expensive for more razors?

Tonight's shave

Razor - Tanifuji Ba'Ba it's around a 6/8" I absolutely love this razor. Consistently gives me smooth comfortable shaves. It also, mowed down like 5 days growth I think. Cut threw it like a hot knife through butter.

Strop - Dubl Duck Special No1 Cordovan. The strop does all the talking for itsself. I am very happy this is part of my collection.

Brush - The CaYuen Hybrid with a 24mm DSCOSMETIC 2 band. First use with this knot. I ordered it March 04 and just received it 2 days ago. My first impression is I'm not impressed with it. Hopefully it gets better.

Soap - PAA Meta Nectar CK6 Formula

Aftershave - PAA Meta Nectar First time using PAA products at all. Have to say they are very good performing soaps and aftershaves. I do have the CK6 Formula which is supposed to kill the Tallow is better myth. My first thoughts are it gives more slickness than the tallow soaps I have used so far. The scent is nice as well. The aftershave says its aftershave and cologne. I will have to see how long it lasts.

20200626_184929_compress78.jpg

5/8 Dubl Duck Pearlduck Dwarf
Caswell-Massey No.6
24mm Graydog Boar
Miller Strop
Pinaud Clubman

20200627_112018.jpg

2 1/2 passes this rainy morn. I've decided i love this soap. I need to buy the R`OS (rose). i definatley got the honing right on this one. smooth and close!

10/10

be well all.

camo

That is a gorgeous brush from Steve. You are very lucky to have that one.

thank you sir! I am indeed lucky. I selected and ordered the Macassar Ebony wood for this one when I switched over to straights.

I absolutley love this.....and it is the one for me. right now breaking her in......but I'll be honest. I really dont have much of a desire to use any other brush but this one
I love boars!!!!

camo

Late start to the day due to the South Florida Wet Shavers Shaveapalooza today. One positive from COVID is that groups that would normally be strictly local are now global thanks to Virtual gatherings.
IMG_20200627_144304-01.jpeg

7/8+, French point, Rigarazor
CRV
Tabac soap, AS, and EdC

Focused on finishing another soap over the last few weeks. I've missed my Tabac. Sweet reunion today.

Top Bottom