What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Hello All,

I received my Hybrid Tech yesterday from a fellow B&B member. One of the cleanest vintage razors I've ever had fall into my hands. The previous owner(s) looked after this very well. Used the razor today and it is truly excellent. Still a mild razor but smoother that the FB tech, especially noticeable on the WTG pass.

This one came in the bakelite box, which I found to be slightly different from another box of the same type. It is darker/smoother finish. However, I could be looking too much into it as they could have both been cared for/cleaned up differently over the years.

The top cap has plating that is starting to peel off (I knew this before I purchased) so I swapped out the top cap for a 'peaked' top cap from another Tech - fits and works like a charm. I hope to receive a Rhodium plated top cap from a friend of mine soon.

I find the handle on the Hybrid to be very similar to the FB Tech handles - to the point I can almost not tell them apart. Here's 3 three of them together: which one is Rhodium? :)

proxy.php

First shave with it today was excellent - looking forward to enjoying this razor for a long time. Alright - here's the pictures of this beautiful razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hello All,

I received my Hybrid Tech yesterday from a fellow B&B member. One of the cleanest vintage razors I've ever had fall into my hands. The previous owner(s) looked after this very well. Used the razor today and it is truly excellent. Still a mild razor but smoother that the FB tech, especially noticeable on the WTG pass.

This one came in the bakelite box, which I found to be slightly different from another box of the same type. It is darker/smoother finish. However, I could be looking too much into it as they could have both been cared for/cleaned up differently over the years.

The top cap has plating that is starting to peel off (I knew this before I purchased) so I swapped out the top cap for a 'peaked' top cap from another Tech - fits and works like a charm. I hope to receive a Rhodium plated top cap from a friend of mine soon.

I find the handle on the Hybrid to be very similar to the FB Tech handles - to the point I can almost not tell them apart. Here's 3 three of them together: which one is Rhodium? :)

proxy.php

First shave with it today was excellent - looking forward to enjoying this razor for a long time. Alright - here's the pictures of this beautiful razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Another one bites the dust and is chosen by the Hybrid Tech :thumbup1:

I am so glad you like it sir, it is indeed a superb shaver. To me there is none better than the Hybrid Tech, it’s even better than my British Aristocrats :001_tt1:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Hello All,

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Congratulations on the razor. The Hybrid is on my wish list.

This early Saturday morning I reeled this one in: A silver Pre-#15 French set with the “Importé D’Angleterre” engraving on razor/imprint on case. A set made specifically for and only sold in the French market during the 1930s.

This particular set was missing in my collection so very happy about this, believe it will clean up very well - I owe you (another!) one, Erik :thumbup1:

View attachment 1115385View attachment 1115386View attachment 1115387
Beautiful Aristocrat. Thanks for sharing it. I have a brass 1934 Aristocrat in its original case, but now I have razor envy! I love the combination of TTO and open comb. I shaved with it last week and it's probably my favorite among my 11 razors.

Top Bottom