What's new

Bar soap rabbit hole.

I enjoy traditional cauldron made Savon de Marseille, Aleppo, Daphne, and Nablus soap. I enjoy scented Savon de Marseille and French Shea butter soaps, these are probably from soap noodles. The Portuguese and Italian luxury soaps are good, although some Italian soaps do not have any added moisturisers such as Shea or Almond oil. British soaps such as Bronnley and Yardley are great too!.

Oh, dear, another rabbit hole, I'll be late...

wrabbit-2.jpg

I had a rash for years, and finally discovered it was synthetic additives in the bar soaps I was using. Was told about Cal Bens, and switched over to their body bar soap. Great! Also like their shampoo and hand lotion (yes, I found a lotion a manly man can use!) Give 'em a try! A real person on the phone, old school manufacturing processes, great people to deal with.
Their liquid laundry soap is also quite nice and mild, free of scents and all, but we found it was a bit too mild for certain cleaning jobs.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Aleppo soap. It’s a olive oil based soap and Aleppo is believed to be the birth place of soaps. The same techniques are used today, and if you haven’t seen how it’s done, well worth a google search. It’s highly nourishing and moisturising similar to a goat milk soap.
soap.jpg

Last edited:
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Aleppo soap. It’s a olive oil based soap and Aleppo is believed to be the birth place of soaps. The same techniques are used today, and if you haven’t seen how it’s done, well worth a google search. It’s highly nourishing and moisturising similar to a goat milk soap.View attachment 1116724
It's posted several posts above yours...

AHH my bad. Apologies Sabre. I had a closer read of your post and you have a few nice looking soaps I may need to check out.

Currently trying out Sterlings oatmeal and shea. It's not bad on smell, but the oats are more like granola chunks, sharpish and you can see them washing down the drain lol.

I enjoy traditional cauldron made Savon de Marseille, Aleppo, Daphne, and Nablus soap. I enjoy scented Savon de Marseille and French Shea butter soaps, these are probably from soap noodles. The Portuguese and Italian luxury soaps are good, although some Italian soaps do not have any added moisturisers such as Shea or Almond oil. British soaps such as Bronnley and Yardley are great too!.
So from among these brands, are there any that have very masculine scents?

Finished a Lemon verbena bar soap. Pretty good, a tad to sweet smelling. On my second day with The Vert green tea from trader joes I think. Love it so far.

Top Bottom