What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

proxy.php

Look [emoji102] what showed up today. I cannot wait to try it, smells amazing out the tub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

landed today.

20200617_172252.jpg

tabac.....should have tried this a lot sooner. it lathers up like a monster no matter how much water I threw at it. love the scent.....but was hard to tell where this mornings Lyssa and this picked up. floral to the max.

should have bought the AS Balm.

camo

Caswell-Massey No.6

made by the Holy Black.

20200620_141331.jpg

I bought this even though it gets poor reviews on the net. I dont understand it........this is a wonderful soap that lathered easily for me. maybe because I add a lot of water for SR use?

Test Lather:

not much boar soak time. 30 sec lightly loaded with little pressure due to being a really soft sticky soap. I evened it out in the tin prior to loading. it whipped up into a beautiful, airy, and very slick lather for me???? scent wonderful with herbals, cedar and a light hint of citrus.

I'd buy again and again. it checks the boxes that I need and require.

-Slick as an ice rink.
-lots of lather
-time stability
-"cushion" face feel when painted on
-great herbal scent that I love
-alleged favored scent by one of our founding fathers George Washington
-company has been around for a while (1752)

I just dont get why this company gets trashed???? I'd even shave with the Muhle R41 with this one!!!!! I used to be very particular about which soaps I chose for that one.

be well all.

camo

I wasn’t aware there was a new formula. My two tins of Lima Spices had melted in transit. Upon speaking with Manuel he said he had increased the Potash in his soaps which had made the more like croaps. He said he is planning to go back to the old Potash ratio with his next batch.

Hoi An smells like Wrigley’s Doublemint gum.

Just ordered A&E Kaizen, thanks to all the good things i was hearing about it in the Shaving Soaps forum thats got a thread going g now about it. Heck, the artwork on it is eye-popping, so I hope the soap lives up to the hype. Never tried A&E before. The Kaizen base and Kaizen scent sound like they will.

Just ordered A&E Kaizen, thanks to all the good things i was hearing about it in the Shaving Soaps forum thats got a thread going g now about it. Heck, the artwork on it is eye-popping, so I hope the soap lives up to the hype. Never tried A&E before. The Kaizen base and Kaizen scent sound like they will.

Where were you able to find the Kaizen soap? I have been looking for it but Maggard and West Coast Shaving are sold out of it...

And yes I think the A&E site has some in stock.

Top Bottom