What's new

Help buying a Timeless?

I recently bought an OC plate and stand in bronze from scratch and dent. They look perfect and unused. I was very impressed. Not even a blemish, let alone nicks or gouges.

I recently bought an OC plate and stand in bronze from scratch and dent. They look perfect and unused. I was very impressed. Not even a blemish, let alone nicks or gouges.
I love the bronze pieces and am very tempted to buy one. How does the bronze oc shave? It looks like the geometry is different. I would likely buy the straight bar in bronze.

I love the bronze pieces and am very tempted to buy one. How does the bronze oc shave? It looks like the geometry is different. I would likely buy the straight bar in bronze.

I am pretty well versed in OC razors. I use NEW SC, LC, Deluxe. Also have a Piccolo and an Ikon Deluxe OC. I hadn't shaved for a few days so I tried the Timeless OC first. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but not good for daily use. I got a good shave with it though and no blood letting! 😆
The SB plate is better for daily use. I tried it once but got irritation trying to get BBS. If there was a plate in between these two it would be perfect. I'm trying a KAI today to see if it gives a little added oomph
It worked in my Ikon Deluxe OC which was my favorite razor. along with the NEW SC before getting a Charcoal Goods. That thing basically smoked all my other razors. I'm not giving up on the Timeless. I will try a KAI in the SB like I said, and maybe a milder blade in the OC. I used a Gillette Yellow in that, which works well with my NEW series razors. The timeless is definitely a piece of art. I am giving off a month to see what works. The OC is different. It's not just an SB plate with teeth. It's more efficient for sure. It's like having 2 razors.

I am pretty well versed in OC razors. I use NEW SC, LC, Deluxe. Also have a Piccolo and an Ikon Deluxe OC. I hadn't shaved for a few days so I tried the Timeless OC first. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but not good for daily use. I got a good shave with it though and no blood letting! 😆
The SB plate is better for daily use. I tried it once but got irritation trying to get BBS. If there was a plate in between these two it would be perfect. I'm trying a KAI today to see if it gives a little added oomph
It worked in my Ikon Deluxe OC which was my favorite razor. along with the NEW SC before getting a Charcoal Goods. That thing basically smoked all my other razors. I'm not giving up on the Timeless. I will try a KAI in the SB like I said, and maybe a milder blade in the OC. I used a Gillette Yellow in that, which works well with my NEW series razors. The timeless is definitely a piece of art. I am giving off a month to see what works. The OC is different. It's not just an SB plate with teeth. It's more efficient for sure. It's like having 2 razors.
I'm about to order the bronze oc since it is in between (.78)

I'm going to order the straight bar as well. Lordy... This hobby is deadly.

Last edited:
I wish i could justify the cost of titanium just to have one in my collection. Does anyone besides Timeless offer titanium heads? I can find titanium handles online.

My stainless/'high end' collection consists of several stainless heads (DE, AC and SE), in satin/matte/machined finish, on an assortment of stainless handles both matte and polished finish, except the Sabre which rests on a nice fat brass heavy hitter. Now a bronze set and two Timeless pieces. One day my boys will inherit a rather modest, but damn fine collection. I also have a nice collection of vintage, semi rare, and AC straights. If it were me, I'd be too happy about the heirlooms to cry over my dead pa, lol

I kid.

I wish i could justify the cost of titanium just to have one in my collection. Does anyone besides Timeless offer titanium heads? I can find titanium handles online.

My stainless/'high end' collection consists of several stainless heads (DE, AC and SE), in satin/matte/machined finish, on an assortment of stainless handles both matte and polished finish, except the Sabre which rests on a nice fat brass heavy hitter. Now a bronze set and two Timeless pieces. One day my boys will inherit a rather modest, but damn fine collection. I also have a nice collection of vintage, semi rare, and AC straights. If it were me, I'd be too happy about the heirlooms to cry over my dead pa, lol

I kid.
There's a Ti Baby Smooth on Shave Bazaar right now.

I tried it with a KAI about half an hour ago. It was an improvement for sure. A little more efficient. The thing with this razor is that, at least in my opinion, it takes a slightly different angle than my other razors. So, like I said, I'll use it for a month and adjust to it. I actually got more irritation from the SB than the OC on first use of both. Each time a Gillette Yellow. That's my 2 cents on the topic. 😆 the KAI improved the SB performance for me. I used La Toja cream and Speick splash with a Proraso Green pre-shave after a shower if That his of interest. 😉

In between what? Be forewarned that the bronze OC .78 is a more aggressive shaver than the SS or Ti .95. Some have described the shave as somewhat harsh. Don’t get me wrong...some people love it. I’m just suggesting not to make your decision based on the blade gap alone. The Bronze, in either version, really is a totally different razor than the SS/Ti .68/.95 offerings.

In between what? Be forewarned that the bronze OC .78 is a more aggressive shaver than the SS or Ti .95. Some have described the shave as somewhat harsh. Don’t get me wrong...some people love it. I’m just suggesting not to make your decision based on the blade gap alone. The Bronze, in either version, really is a totally different razor than the SS/Ti .68/.95 offerings.
I assumed it to be quite different based on the obvious differences in design. Aggressive doesn't bother me. I shave with a devette sometimes and I have quite a few aggressive heads. I got the bronze plates and handle to add to the collection. But thanks for the warning. It's still much appreciated.

I tried it with a KAI about half an hour ago. It was an improvement for sure. A little more efficient. The thing with this razor is that, at least in my opinion, it takes a slightly different angle than my other razors. So, like I said, I'll use it for a month and adjust to it. I actually got more irritation from the SB than the OC on first use of both. Each time a Gillette Yellow. That's my 2 cents on the topic. 😆 the KAI improved the SB performance for me. I used La Toja cream and Speick splash with a Proraso Green pre-shave after a shower if That his of interest. 😉
A nice weekend razor :) I rather like those type.

I kid.
I’m slowly acquiring my sons’ inheritance too. I hope they will enjoy them as much as I am right now!

Top Bottom