What's new

Hello, my name is ctbjdm and I am an addict...

(Not to take away anything from actual medical addictions - said in jest)

New guy here. My dad never taught me to shave at all, just got me an electric razor (he always used one AFAIK). It was terrible but I didn’t really know any better.

My college roommate actually taught me to shave with a cartridge razor, and that was enlightening - definitely a better / smoother shave, but not really enjoyable. Again, I didn’t really know better.

Can’t say (don’t recall) what prompted me to try a real DE safety razor, but a few months ago bought a Merkur 34C on a whim after researching it here. Paired that with a Koa handle brush from Elite Razor (he has amazing stuff!) and TOBS platinum cream and off I went. I can’t believe what I’ve been missing! And now I’m an addict.

Since then I ordered a Feather AS-D2 (which I find easy to use, but not “aggressive” enough if I have the right term - requires multiple multiple passes to get a sufficiently close shave).

I then went more aggressive with a Merkur 39C which for now is my go-to. Can pretty easily get a close shave without any medical attention required.

So that’s my journey. Joined B&B to support the site as I’ve found a ton of useful info here. Thanks all!

(Not to take away anything from actual medical addictions - said in jest)

New guy here. My dad never taught me to shave at all, just got me an electric razor (he always used one AFAIK). It was terrible but I didn’t really know any better.

My college roommate actually taught me to shave with a cartridge razor, and that was enlightening - definitely a better / smoother shave, but not really enjoyable. Again, I didn’t really know better.

Can’t say (don’t recall) what prompted me to try a real DE safety razor, but a few months ago bought a Merkur 34C on a whim after researching it here. Paired that with a Koa handle brush from Elite Razor (he has amazing stuff!) and TOBS platinum cream and off I went. I can’t believe what I’ve been missing! And now I’m an addict.

Since then I ordered a Feather AS-D2 (which I find easy to use, but not “aggressive” enough if I have the right term - requires multiple multiple passes to get a sufficiently close shave).

I then went more aggressive with a Merkur 39C which for now is my go-to. Can pretty easily get a close shave without any medical attention required.

So that’s my journey. Joined B&B to support the site as I’ve found a ton of useful info here. Thanks all!
[/QUOTE
Wait until you get bitten by the straight razor mosquito. It really causes a serious addiction. 😀
Welcome to B&B. I hope you find it pleasurable here.

Addictions like shaving are fun and make life interesting. Welcome! I've been wet shaving since 2013 and am still learning. There are some very knowledgeable gentleman who post on these forums. I've found answers to every question I've ever asked here.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m sorry. We are a forum of enablers. If you are here for help you will be sadly disappointed.

Top Bottom