What's new

Help buying a Timeless?

Giving serious consideration to purchasing a Timeless in matte stainless. The options I've decided on are:

Matte stainless
.95 OC

I'm leaning towards smooth cap.

I can't decide between pineapple, short barber, long barber or no handle.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

From my experience and $.02 worth the Pineapple is a heavy handle and long. What is the length of your favorite handles? I would go with one of the Barber Handles for the grip. Pineapple was not the grippiest handle.

From my experience and $.02 worth the Pineapple is a heavy handle and long. What is the length of your favorite handles? I would go with one of the Barber Handles for the grip. Pineapple was not the grippiest handle.
I really appreciate this. Not a fan of very heavy handles. I prefer long handles to be thinner like the Maggard MR12. I suppose no handle would be best. I have handles. Also, I may as well buy scratch and dent. Does anyone have experience buying scratch and dent from Timeless?

I really appreciate this. Not a fan of very heavy handles. I prefer long handles to be thinner like the Maggard MR12. I suppose no handle would be best. I have handles. Also, I may as well buy scratch and dent. Does anyone have experience buying scratch and dent from Timeless?
I have bought two razors from their scratch and dent area and I couldn’t find a thing wrong with them. Others have found scratches and small dents, but is the luck of the draw. Just remember that their return policy does not apply to scratch and dent, so do your research and decide which is best for you.

I have bought two razors from their scratch and dent area and I couldn’t find a thing wrong with them. Others have found scratches and small dents, but is the luck of the draw. Just remember that their return policy does not apply to scratch and dent, so do your research and decide which is best for you.
Right. I read the disclaimer (I assumed it would say no returns anyway). I think it's worth the gamble since I intend to keep it for life.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I prefer a longer handle. Both handles I have for my Timeless are the near 4" models. But handle length is just personal preference. Adds a little weight...but a stainless steel Timeless is a heavier piece anyway.

Plaid and Pineapple handle.jpg

I prefer a longer handle. Both handles I have for my Timeless are the near 4" models. But handle length is just personal preference. Adds a little weight...but a stainless steel Timeless is a heavier piece anyway.

View attachment 1114708
I have at least two 303 stainless handles with matte finish that would pair nicely with it. For this reason, I think I'll order the head without a handle. I'm obviously going cheap at this point.

Nice pieces by the way.

JCarr

I have at least two 303 stainless handles with matte finish that would pair nicely with it. For this reason, I think I'll order the head without a handle. I'm obviously going cheap at this point.

Nice pieces by the way.

You're probably doing the smartest thing by holding off on the handle. You can always buy one from them...the most expensive part of the Timeless is the base and head. The only other thing I can add...I really love my Timeless!

You're probably doing the smartest thing by holding off on the handle. You can always buy one from them...the most expensive part of the Timeless is the base and head. The only other thing I can add...I really love my Timeless!
I can't wait. My sons are going to inherit a damn nice collection.

JCarr

I can't wait. My sons are going to inherit a damn nice collection.

I have an EJ Chatsworth with the faux ivory handle and a Fatip Nobile Tuxedo...both nice razors...and I am hard pressed to want to use them now because of the Timeless. I do use them, but I force myself to do it.

I keep hearing good things. Haven't read a negative review yet. It's certainly a lot bulkier than I prefer though, which is why I haven't had interest until now. I'm building up a collection of stainless razors.

I've purchased a .95 in SS and a .95 and .68 in TI from scratch and dent. Couldn't fine anything wrong. I had the .95SS set with the pineapple handle and liked it quite a bit. But I also prefer longer handles. However the Timeless handles are by far one of the heaviest around. I have my 2 Ti heads on WCS Hyperion handles and love the set up.
I'd say buy the head only, try it with your handles and see how you like it.

I've purchased a .95 in SS and a .95 and .68 in TI from scratch and dent. Couldn't fine anything wrong. I had the .95SS set with the pineapple handle and liked it quite a bit. But I also prefer longer handles. However the Timeless handles are by far one of the heaviest around. I have my 2 Ti heads on WCS Hyperion handles and love the set up.
I'd say buy the head only, try it with your handles and see how you like it.
Yep. That's the ticket. About to order now :)

A few thoughts:
  • I have purchased Timeless scratch and dent with good results.
  • Timeless does OC as well as anybody in the business - very smooth
  • Unless you really want matte, Timeless does a beautiful polish.

A few thoughts:
  • I have purchased Timeless scratch and dent with good results.
  • Timeless does OC as well as anybody in the business - very smooth
  • Unless you really want matte, Timeless does a beautiful polish.
I'm confident I'll be happy with scratch n dent. Also, I actually prefer the matte/satin/beaded finishes to polished. But you're right. Their polished pieces look gorgeous.

Top Bottom