What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

also gladweg made a similar razor ( same razor of radimi but with black dot). the shape of the head it's the same.
View attachment 1110706

And here is a pic of my Palmera set. If seller hadn’t butchered it, it would have had the exact same comb like yours, Andrea. First and only time so far a seller cheated me...:mad2:

My murdered set :crying:
4E7B9489-DE1B-48D4-96F6-A67ECD50019A.jpeg

...Which should have looked like this...
6185DF2E-F7FD-4BB2-ADFC-9133867DA139.jpeg

R

romsitsa

also gladweg made a similar razor ( same razor of radimi but with black dot). the shape of the head it's the same.
View attachment 1110706

Andy, I don’t think Vollemans produced any razors or blades, ever. I could be wrong, but their offerings are perfectly identical to well known German razors (except the branding) and afaik Vollemans was a sales company not a metal firm.
The Palmera could be a “hommage”, the handle is slightly different (but it’s also fishy).

Adam

Andy, I don’t think Vollemans produced any razors or blades, ever. I could be wrong, but their offerings are perfectly identical to well known German razors (except the branding) and afaik Vollemans was a sales company not a metal firm.
The Palmera could be a “hommage”, the handle is slightly different (but it’s also fishy).

Adam

dear adam,
i think that the original design of the "red dot" razor is almost for sure to be assigned to radimi. they also used the image of this razor on the blades packaging. but i think that you could find many similar razors around and this makes difficult to understand If they were just "clones" rather then re-branded or made for razors.
ciao,
andrea

I found this Sheraton at a thrift store on Tuesday. It was included along with an entire stash of razors from someone's donated estate. A lot of crap, but this was the real gem. Whoever collected the razors had the good sense to place this one in a box of its own to preserve the gold plating and to keep it from getting dinged. c 1937.

View attachment 1109778
Wow, that's an awesome find and looks to be in perfect condition.
Congrats!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I found this Sheraton at a thrift store on Tuesday. It was included along with an entire stash of razors from someone's donated estate. A lot of crap, but this was the real gem. Whoever collected the razors had the good sense to place this one in a box of its own to preserve the gold plating and to keep it from getting dinged. c 1937.

View attachment 1109778
Score!

At the back of an antique store in February, there was a Fatboy w/dispenser in the case (minus the top of the case) for $100, but at the front of the store I came across two of them in a small display case buried behind/under a couple Super Speeds, (the case was elsewhere for $5--need a dispenser yet). They were both marked $50 Firm, but the store was closing for the day and I was able to get them both for under $80, so yeah, you can get them for double digits.
View attachment 1110606
I'm waiting for my first Grandchild (a boy) to arrive -- I am going to use the G1 (one in the case, the other's a G3) -- for my "first shave as a Grandpa," and then when he's older and the time is right, I'll pass down that very same razor to my Grandson (I'll have it tuned up and replated if needed). Now if he'll just get here; he's 3 days late and counting... I guess he takes after his father.

Hey folks - I had my first English Aristocrat come in through the mail last week.
My first rhodium plated Gillette and it's a gorgeous razor. The plating is bright and eye-catching.

This one is a #16 Set, that had the 3rd Gen head design.
Already used the razor a couple of times and I love it - the head feels smoother than the nickel plated Aristocrat Junior, despite being the same head. Maybe the heft of the razor helps here? Not sure.

There's a little bit of brass-ing beneath the razor head. Not sure how that happened but was a tiny bit disappointed by that. There was some green corrosion/tarnish on the handle that I'm still working on with a toothbrush/toothpaste. However, I'm still very pleased with the condition.

Hoping to clean up the box a little bit too - the felt material is a little loose and the outer surface is a little tarnished up.

Alright enough blabbering - here's the pictures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hey folks - I had my first English Aristocrat come in through the mail last week.
My first rhodium plated Gillette and it's a gorgeous razor. The plating is bright and eye-catching.

This one is a #16 Set, that had the 3rd Gen head design.
Already used the razor a couple of times and I love it - the head feels smoother than the nickel plated Aristocrat Junior, despite being the same head. Maybe the heft of the razor helps here? Not sure.

There's a little bit of brass-ing beneath the razor head. Not sure how that happened but was a tiny bit disappointed by that. There was some green corrosion/tarnish on the handle that I'm still working on with a toothbrush/toothpaste. However, I'm still very pleased with the condition.

Hoping to clean up the box a little bit too - the felt material is a little loose and the outer surface is a little tarnished up.

Alright enough blabbering - here's the pictures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice set you got there. Congrats!! And good to see that you have a nice one to keep you company before the next arrives 🤗

I just used my 3rd gen razor for the last 3 days. It is indeed a wonderfully smooth razor. I use Feathers in almost all my razors including the British Aristocrats, however the 3rd gen is best for me with a slightly duller blade, an Israeli Personna.

Very nice set you got there. Congrats!! And good to see that you have a nice one to keep you company before the next arrives 🤗

I just used my 3rd gen razor for the last 3 days. It is indeed a wonderfully smooth razor. I use Feathers in almost all my razors including the British Aristocrats, however the 3rd gen is best for me with a slightly duller blade, an Israeli Personna.

Thanks Peter! I was happy to find this one in Canada so the shipping came through quick. I am looking forward to my my next one for sure :)

I went with the 3rd gen as I have the 430030 razor in the Aristocrat Jr. so I figured I would like it. Paired with a Gillette Platinum blade, I had no issues at all. It's nice and efficient while still remaining very smooth! I hope to find a OC Aristocrat or 2nd Gen in the future sometime but I'm happy with the collection so far.

Top Bottom