What's new

Vote: How many razors do you own?

How many razors do you own?

• Total voters
20. Just when I think I have a little of everything for variety, I see one I don’t have and start obsessing over it. I have back ups for some of my favorites. 2 NEW LC’s, 3 Red tips, 2 Schick Krona’s etc.

Like motorcycles and bicycles it seems the correct number is n+1 where 'n' is the number you have now. Brushes ditto, apparently. Since I'm getting a new ebike I am calling a halt to my current madness. Witness!

Soaps and scents don't count, obvs.

19 de razors, 5 straights, 3 heavy duty after market handles for trac ii, atra, Mach 3. 4 electrics. The only razor I use now is a muhle r41 frankin razor, who knew?

Have not counted in a while but it was over 40 the last time I looked. Got started with a Parker 76R. That was followed by my first vintage, a black tip Super Speed. I did not know when I bought it, but it is my birth razor. I have tried Old, New, New Improved, Techs, Super Speeds, Fat Boys, and Slims and own a good representation them. My son gave me a Gem 1912 travel set for my birthday and that got me started on single edge. I have accumulated a good representation of those from Valets to Featherweights. I picked up a PAA DOC because it intrigued me. Parker 24C and Variant are in regular rotation. There are a couple of Maggards in the rack too. Overall, a lot of enjoyment and learning for not a lot of money. Will need to reduce at some point but I can't say that I regret any of them. There are worse vices to have.

Have not counted in a while but it was over 40 the last time I looked. Got started with a Parker 76R. That was followed by my first vintage, a black tip Super Speed. I did not know when I bought it, but it is my birth razor. I have tried Old, New, New Improved, Techs, Super Speeds, Fat Boys, and Slims and own a good representation them. My son gave me a Gem 1912 travel set for my birthday and that got me started on single edge. I have accumulated a good representation of those from Valets to Featherweights. I picked up a PAA DOC because it intrigued me. Parker 24C and Variant are in regular rotation. There are a couple of Maggards in the rack too. Overall, a lot of enjoyment and learning for not a lot of money. Will need to reduce at some point but I can't say that I regret any of them. There are worse vices to have.
Amen to worse vices

It's funny how this works. I started head shaving/face shaving with my grandfather's Gillette NEW long comb and my dad's Gillette Superspeed 16 years ago. I used them exclusively until about four years ago. I thought it would be fun to try out a modern stainless DE. It was down the rabbit hole from there. I think I have over 40 razors and since I'm no longer required to shave my face I grew a beard.

It's funny how this works. I started head shaving/face shaving with my grandfather's Gillette NEW long comb and my dad's Gillette Superspeed 16 years ago. I used them exclusively until about four years ago. I thought it would be fun to try out a modern stainless DE. It was down the rabbit hole from there. I think I have over 40 razors and since I'm no longer required to shave my face I grew a beard.
As in funny ha, ha?

I can't even bring myself to get rid of the razors I really hate.
Sounds like my early dating life

35 1/2 consisting of:
  • 16 vintage
    • 13 Gillette with 4 non-year duplicates (i.e. same razor with different finishes)
    • 3 GEMs
  • 19 contemporary
    • 5 with a DE89 head
    • 14 with an alternate head
  • And somehow I ended up with a stray generic DE89 head, hence the 1/2

Not in a hurry to add anymore with a few possible exceptions including:
  • Razorock Wunderbar Slant: By all accounts a brilliant razor. Might return the Feather (rather underwhelmed with it) and pickup a WBS
  • Razorock ECO SE: I'm oddly intrigued by SE razors.
  • Merkur 45 Bakelite: I think its ugly as sin but for some reason I still want one.
  • Above the Tie R2 Open Comb
  • PILS of any flavor: Freaking beautiful razors.
  • Gillette Toggle: Because who wouldn't want one!

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
All my 12 razors
1.as-d2
2.futur clone- min shi 2000
3.mamba53
4.slim
5.game changer84
6.rex ambarssador
7.lupo
8.timeless ti 68sb
9.6s