What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

RochasMoustacheEdt.jpg

I went on a patch hunt last Dec/Jan and wanted to try this, but never got around to it. Once I settled on Jovy Psychédélique I stopped looking. I'm pretty sure I'll get around to JP this fall/winter.

As a patch fan, Psychedelique is one I'm still tempted by, but I have some favorites (if you haven't tried them yet).

Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942
Patchouli Imperial by Dior
Patchouli by Lorenzo Villoresi
Classic Patchouli by Von Eusersdorff

As a patch fan, Psychedelique is one I'm still tempted by, but I have some favorites (if you haven't tried them yet).

Psychédélique is my favorite patch by a long shot. I bought a decant off of ebay and grabbed a bottle right away.

Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942 - own FB
Patchouli Imperial by Dior - own 10ml decant
Patchouli by Lorenzo Villoresi - is on my list to try.
Classic Patchouli by Von Eusersdorff - could not find anywhere, I think it was replaced by Classic Patchouli Balmy.

Psychédélique is my favorite patch by a long shot. I bought a decant off of ebay and grabbed a bottle right away.

Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942 - own FB
Patchouli Imperial by Dior - own 10ml decant
Patchouli by Lorenzo Villoresi - is on my list to try.
Classic Patchouli by Von Eusersdorff - could not find anywhere, I think it was replaced by Classic Patchouli Balmy.
Here's a link to Classic Patchouli.

Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942
Patchouli Imperial by Dior
Patchouli by Lorenzo Villoresi
Classic Patchouli by Von Eusersdorff
Over the years I have sampled all of these except the Patchouli Nobile. I will have to get my nose on that one as I am always in search of more patchouli focused compositions for my collection.

AlphaFrank75, as for Javanese Patchouli, it has been discontinued by Zegna (it was in their Private Collection and only sold in the Zegna stores to begin with) so is particularly difficult to find now, but if you get the opportunity to sniff it I definitely do strongly recommend it. This particularly holds true if you also love cedar (as the relatively soft patchouli is coupled with a peppery cedar, infused with a touch of uniquely sourced bergamot lemony citrus throughout). The perfumer, Frank Voelkl, is extremely talented and this is his best work.

Edit: I had to go over to Basenotes to read my review of Psychedelique to refresh my memory of it‘s fragrance profile as it has been years since I sniffed it... Now having done so, I can also recommend Bond-T by Sammarco to folks that enjoy patchouli compositions like Psychedelique, as it has a chocolatey aspect that melds with the patchouli. I am not much of a chocolate fan in compositions, so it wasn’t a good fit for my tastes... but it absolutely smelled quite good and most likely will appeal to folks that do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom