What's new

What is your absolutely favorite razor of all times?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
So, what is your absolutely favorite razor of all times? Your absolute number 1?

I am NOT asking what is the rarest razor in your collection, or the most unique, or the most expensive, or the most beautiful, or the best value for the price, or the razor you are dreaming about finding one day. I am asking about what is for you the best shaver ever from the most practical point of view.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is a difficult one to pin down. I have several that I really love, but I believe my Blackland Sabre Gem type razor barely edges out my other favorites by the smallest of margins. My Timeless .95OC, Blackland Blackbird, Muhle R41, Occam's Enoch artisan style se, I wouldn't consider as second place, but nearly tied with the Sabre.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I keep a running list of razors that, if I were I forced to pare down from the triple digit to a single digit number of razors, I would choose those. But I can't come up with the single absolutely "love"....I guess if I could, I wouldn't have a triple digit number of razors to begin with. :001_smile

I will say that a part of me definitely envies those who can unequivocally identify their ultimate favorite.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
It's okay if you have several favorite razors that are in such a close tie for the first place that you can't pick just one. Tell me what they are. Perhaps the words "razor" (in single), "absolute" and "number 1" are a little misleading and sound a little extreme. What I wanted to find out is what razor/s in your opinion provide the best shave you have experienced.

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Okay here it goes: I guess from a practicality point of view, whether I have 1 day of growth or 5 days of growth, the top 3 would be the Schick Injector Adjustable (Type M), the GEM FeatherWeight and the Game Changer .68 -- all 3 are mild enough to be daily shavers, but cut well enough to give me a very good multi-pass shave. And I guess that is the crux of a "practicality-based love" is that I can shave almost mindlessly and relentlessly every single day with no blood, irritation or post-shave sensitivity.

Shake Sharp mk1. Have acquired 200 or so razors, new, old, all formats and its #1 position remains unchallenged. Really not even close.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Well that is a tough question because I have a few, I seem to like all Gem razors SE and for the Gem brand I enjoy Gem Featherweight 1st generation -MFG 1950-52 , Gem JR 1912 models also Gem Micromatics> MMCP(Peerless model) +MMFW.
Schick injector brand SE- I like E2 & M types
Gillette brand DE- Gillette fatboy + Gillette SS 1950's British rockets.
Oneblade core SE- Very nice design with good results- on the mild side. 3 pass shave + pickups.#1 daily driver lately it seems.
Everready brand SE- ER 1914
Star brand SE- Star bar #4 lather catcher -Mfg 1919(Kampfe brothers NY started the first Mass produced safety razors in USA- 1875 time line.)
Razorock Brand- Mission, Game changer .84 & German 37 slant + Wunderbar for my technique challenge- it lets you know guaranteed :001_smile .

It seems I enjoy a mid range milder side razors from what I wrote down!
Have some great shaves!

I understand your question and I'll answer it the way you requested. It's not my rarest. It doesn't get the most use. It isn't the nicest or most efficient or any of those things. It's simply the one razor I would grab if my house were sinking into the ocean and all the razors on the planet melted into the sea...

Pre-war Gillette Tech.

That being said, I love all my razors equally and it would be very difficult to narrow it down to one. I don't even WANT it to be a Gillette. It just happens to be the most practical razor of all. Not middle of the road. Not the most average. Just the most practical one that will always give me a terrific shave every time.

Well that is a tough question because I have a few, I seem to like all Gem razors SE and for the Gem brand I enjoy Gem Featherweight 1st generation -MFG 1950-52 , Gem JR 1912 models also Gem Micromatics> MMCP(Peerless model) +MMFW.
Schick injector brand SE- I like E2 & M types
Gillette brand DE- Gillette fatboy + Gillette SS 1950's British rockets.
Oneblade core SE- Very nice design with good results- on the mild side. 3 pass shave + pickups.#1 daily driver lately it seems.
Everready brand SE- ER 1914
Star brand SE- Star bar #4 lather catcher -Mfg 1919(Kampfe brothers NY started the first Mass produced safety razors in USA- 1875 time line.)
Razorock Brand- Mission, Game changer .84 & German 37 slant + Wunderbar for my technique challenge- it lets you know guaranteed :001_smile .

It seems I enjoy a mid range milder side razors from what I wrote down!
Have some great shaves!

Haha, a few eh? this my friend is what is known as a cop-out [emoji2].

The Gillette Super Speed Red Tip.

I did a 4 pass shave with the Red Tip this morning. I shaved fast, as I was late for an appointment. Close. Comfortable. No weepers. No complaints. The razor felt good in the hand as to balance, weight, and length. My skin at the moment is super SMOOTH. The Red Tip has moderate aggression, but very high efficiency.

The Gillette Super Speed Red Tip.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Haha, a few eh? this my friend is what is known as a cop-out [emoji2].

I seemed to over dramatized the Question :wink2: , if a razor gets me results CCS,DFS,BBS range + no irritation + no weepers + a good daily driver razor its got to be a favorite. Most of the razors above have gotten me those shaves over the years it seems when technique is good and no blemishes to scrape. Maybe some day I will have 1-5 razors but that is doubtful for me at this time.

Top Bottom