What's new

How I Defeat Morning Indecision

So- keep in mind, I was a Parks & Recreation Major- so naturally that has some play in my morning routine as well as my professional life.

So:

I only own 6 razors, 3 Safety Razors and 3 Straight Razors.

I only own 5 brushes.

ready to play?

So what I do, mostly to keep things interesting, random, fun, AND clutter free what I do is I roll 3 dice on the bathroom counter:

Red = Razor

Blue = Brush

Green = Clean & in need of aftershave!

I roll the dice.

I go from left to right.
Far left = 1
Far right = 5 or 6 for now.

As I only have 5 brushes, if I got a 6, I’d simply re-roll.

The brushes from left to right are:

Parker Silvertip
RazoRock Italian Flag Synthetic
Omega 10098
Vanderhagen Boar
Semogue 1305

Razors are:

Soviet “Yahta”, 1967

Vintage Solingen Stubby 1/2”

West Coast Shaving Carbon Steel 5/8

Gillette SuperSpeed

EJ DL-89

Merkur 34C

Let the games begin- so I rolled:

3C267FC0-2B24-4874-A3D7-4507A06B985F.jpeg

So this means I’d be picking the Superspeed as my razor today, the Omega 10098 would be my brush and it looks like I’ll be finishing off with Art of Manliness Sandalwood Balm.

96B2936D-405C-4B21-8D74-C1C8110DD8CB.jpeg

Naturally, my brush determines my mugged soap or a cream.

C8FBAD25-2A38-482F-8EC5-0C5EFFFA7A11.jpeg

But, there you have it- that’s the way I start my mornings- with a little game.
Now, if I ever got
To the point where I owned 6 straight razors and 6 safety razors, naturally I’d have to flip a coin to decide dark side or Jedi.
97ADF2A4-74D2-4FCC-9585-3D56091E9807.jpeg

Naturally, acquisition kicks in- so best to continue to 12 of each....that way I could roll 2 dice after the coin flip 😂🤣😂

But that’s it- that keeps it fun, interesting, random, and if I had a hankering to use one but the dice choose otherwise, it makes me appreciate that razor or brush a little more. Sometimes I overrule the dice and that’s what I call “divine intervention”.
F44C300E-0064-4829-A5BF-DA0927D1BA49.jpeg

But yeah, that’s my game. The ritual begins with a ritual. I suppose if you had multiple strops you could add a die for that as well- I only own 1, lol-

Last edited:
Cool idea. I usually have "theme days": GEMonday/Electric Tuesday/Wacky Wednesday/Twisting Thursday/Freedom Friday/SE Saturday/Straight Sunday. Since I have several razors in each category I usually rotate them from left to right. I am currently trying to break in two Zenith boars, so I use them more than any other brush. When that's not the case, I also pick brushes and soaps/creams from left to right, which always gives me a new combination of razor/brush/soap.

I can try your method for a week, but with a random number generator on my phone.

Yep- and when it’s all over- just put the dice up and leave them for the next time- my wife thinks it’s weird but she is a kindergarten teacher that married a rec major..... at least there’s not song associated with this- yet...
4A3B9F10-2E94-4AA4-AED8-A2134ECEC315.jpeg

So- keep in mind, I was a Parks & Recreation Major- so naturally that has some play in my morning routine as well as my professional life.

So:

I only own 6 razors, 3 Safety Razors and 3 Straight Razors.

I only own 5 brushes.

ready to play?

So what I do, mostly to keep things interesting, random, fun, AND clutter free what I do is I roll 3 dice on the bathroom counter:

Red = Razor

Blue = Brush

Green = Clean & in need of aftershave!

I roll the dice.

I go from left to right.
Far left = 1
Far right = 5 or 6 for now.

As I only have 5 brushes, if I got a 6, I’d simply re-roll.

The brushes from left to right are:

Parker Silvertip
RazoRock Italian Flag Synthetic
Omega 10098
Vanderhagen Boar
Semogue 1305

Razors are:

Soviet “Yahta”, 1967

Vintage Solingen Stubby 1/2”

West Coast Shaving Carbon Steel 5/8

Gillette SuperSpeed

EJ DL-89

Merkur 34C

Let the games begin- so I rolled:

View attachment 1107989
So this means I’d be picking the Superspeed as my razor today, the Omega 10098 would be my brush and it looks like I’ll be finishing off with Art of Manliness Sandalwood Balm.

View attachment 1107992
Naturally, my brush determines my mugged soap or a cream.

View attachment 1107995
But, there you have it- that’s the way I start my mornings- with a little game.
Now, if I ever got
To the point where I owned 6 straight razors and 6 safety razors, naturally I’d have to flip a coin to decide dark side or Jedi.
View attachment 1107996
Naturally, acquisition kicks in- so best to continue to 12 of each....that way I could roll 2 dice after the coin flip [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

But that’s it- that keeps it fun, interesting, random, and if I had a hankering to use one but the dice choose otherwise, it makes me appreciate that razor or brush a little more. Sometimes I overrule the dice and that’s what I call “divine intervention”.
View attachment 1107999
But yeah, that’s my game. The ritual begins with a ritual. I suppose if you had multiple strops you could add a die for that as well- I only own 1, lol-
Sometimes I overrule the dice and that’s what I call “divine intervention”.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Amazing!

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Sometimes I overrule the dice and that’s what I call “divine intervention”.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Amazing!

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk
Hey- I’m a married man- and the throne is in the bathroom....everyone else does business in this palace, but only 1 rightful ruler. 😂🤣😂 My wife said it was okay! 🤣😂🤣

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Keep rolling a little longer, and you can also develop an engram for the I Ching so you can not only get your shave but have some guidance for the day at the same time!

"Moving Razor: the lather is thin and the King is displeased. No praise, no blame."

O.H.
(Wow. Years since I thought about the I Ching!)

I a
Keep rolling a little longer, and you can also develop an engram for the I Ching so you can not only get your shave but have some guidance for the day at the same time!

"Moving Razor: the lather is thin and the King is displeased. No praise, no blame."

O.H.
(Wow. Years since I thought about the I Ching!)
I actually have the book Tao Te Ching at home- we just moved so it’s still in a box, but I dig that eastern philosophical jazz, I love it! Maybe I’ll find it and take the pages out and make it a sort of flip book once I’ve laminated the pages- hey- a project!!! As it stands now, I DO have the Dylan Thomas poem, “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night”. I wanted to go to Clemson university so bad- toured the campus, was intimidated by it, didn’t think someone like me could get in- I bought a poetry book from there just to say I got a book from the university. Maybe plant a seed of hope- I stumbled upon that poem as I read the book here and there and I loved it so much and felt so empowered by it it has been laminated and taped to my bathroom mirror since 2008. I graduated with the class of 2017, oldest in my class & had to wrestle with life for a bit to get back to school, but got there- Anyway, all that to say I discovered the Tao Te Ching in a philosophy course and loved it!

yikes I'm glad I only have the following........make a decision and roll.

4 soaps (variety of scents, one clean, one floral, one citrus based, one sandalwood/musk)
5 aftershaves (variety of scents again one floral, two classic scents, one cologne based, one balm)
2 safety razors (both Gillettes, one Heritage, one Super Speed)
3 straights
3 brushes (two synthetics and one badger)
40 blades (years supply, 5 packs of blades last me 5 weeks, one blade a week, obviously a 10 pack last me 10 weeks)

My life is simple......oh so simple.

yikes I'm glad I only have the following........make a decision and roll.

4 soaps (variety of scents, one clean, one floral, one citrus based, one sandalwood/musk)
5 aftershaves (variety of scents again one floral, two classic scents, one cologne based, one balm)
2 safety razors (both Gillettes, one Heritage, one Super Speed)
3 straights
3 brushes (two synthetics and one badger)
40 blades (years supply, 5 packs of blades last me 5 weeks, one blade a week, obviously a 10 pack last me 10 weeks)

My life is simple......oh so simple.
Right! I totally identify!

“simple” is the only way I roll here!!! Here’s the blade drawer 🤣😂🤣

9F08BC56-03C1-4890-AEDB-74B52F127785.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
To answer the OP titled question: you can defeat morning indecision very easily by reducing your den to a single set up. Problem solved.

Top Bottom