What's new

Stainless Steel French Press Suggestions

Hey everyone - I am in the market for a new French Press in stainless steel. My current press is the 12oz Bodum Chambord. Looking for something a little larger that will brew a kick *** cuppa Joe. Price isn't an object. Thanks.

I've been using an Espro Press for about a year and find it to be my very best brew method. I get all the flavor of a french press without all of the sediment.

I own both Frieling and Bodum Columbia in stainless in all 3 sizes.

They are both exceptional in construction and performance. The difference is in how they look.

The are other options besides thes two.

I also have a stainless insulated press that is marked "Starbucks", no other manufacturer's info on it.

20200528_083355.jpg

I picked up a stainless steel for a military deployment. It made great coffee. I will try to find out the manufacturer, since it has been a while and it is at my office, where I am not currently welcome (working from home).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great choice! I hope you are loving it. One tip I got from someone on Badger & Blade when I first got mine was to pre-heat it. It made a big difference in the way it brewed.

Very nice! I've been thinking about getting one of these. I love my Bodum, but it does leave a lot of sediment in the coffee. I'd be interested in your thoughts after you have used the Espro for a while.
Will do. I'm STILL waiting for my Baratza Encore grinder, which I ordered through Amazon Prime last Wednesday. Had I ordered it through the same online retailer I bought the press from, I would have had it by now. Amazon hasn't exactly been "prime" lately for reasons we needn't bring up here.

Will do. I'm STILL waiting for my Baratza Encore grinder, which I ordered through Amazon Prime last Wednesday. Had I ordered it through the same online retailer I bought the press from, I would have had it by now. Amazon hasn't exactly been "prime" lately for reasons we needn't bring up here.
I hear ya about Amazon shipping delays. The Encore is worth the wait. I use a 28 grind setting for French Press FWIW.

I hear ya about Amazon shipping delays. The Encore is worth the wait. I use a 28 grind setting for French Press FWIW.

+1 on the grind setting recommendation for the Baratza/French Press. You get a really rich brew with that grind.

So that espro separates grinds from brew? Thats pretty cool

Yeah...haven't tried it yet as I only have pre-ground store-bought Peet's coffee that is making a mockery of my Bodum Chambord. I used to go to the farmer's market on Sundays that is literally across the street from my place to pick up beans from Zolo Coffee Roasters (my fave is their Monkey See, Monkey Do). Anyhoo, I'd sashay over to their tent, they would grind the beans to my liking, and give me a free espresso or coffee drink. If you tip them a buck, you either get a fun fact or cheesy joke - I always went with the latter to go along with my latte, which, depending on the cheesiness of the joke, might very well come flying out my nose. Well sir, I haven't been to that farmer's market in a few months as I'm a little leery of crowds these days (yes, it is still going), hence the recent purchases. I started off with the grinder, ordered beans from Zolo online (came the next day as I'm local), and then said, "What if my Chambord carafe breaks??? I'd be SOL!" and purchased the SS press.

Now you know the whole, sordid affair. Feels good to get that off my chest. Thanks to everyone for their input!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'd be interested in your thoughts after you have used the Espro for a while.

I got an Espro P-1 "travel mug press" recently for having better coffee when travelling. Oddly enough, I haven't had the opportunity to travel much these past few months, so haven't used it.

Got both Espro & Bodums & none measure up to the great cop of coffee I get from my cheap & goofy-looking Aeropress.

Top Bottom