What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Probably not. It seems from some Basenotes comments that the indolic facet of the jasmine is particularly strong/noticeable to a relatively small percentage of people wearing it, and it sounds like you are one. I don’t know the cause for sure, but it probably is a sensitivity that some have to one of the ingredients used in the perfume. I am not much of a fan of insoles myself, so if I were smelling what you are I would probably run a mile... Luckily for me, I get only a very small indolic aspect at the open which fades over the first hour or two.
Yep - I'm in the small percentage evidently. I really was hoping this was going to work for me and be a nice pairing with Mystic Water Jasmine shaving soap - but alas, not to be - the fragrance that is. :001_cool:

....The newer bottle is weaker, but still potent and lives for 6-7 hours. The two have small differences, nothing major. Giorgio can take a few wearings to get used to, but I would recommend it if you like oriental/floral/patchouli scents....

....I recommend avoiding the current release as the late dry-down is destroyed due to the IFRA restrictions on oakmoss. I did a side-by-side comparison of the two throughout their development on skin for Basenotes years ago and the differences became quite apparent late. Strength was actually pretty similar, but the smell was ruined for the dry-down (the lack of the essential oakmoss in the base on the current version became all too obvious).

Avoid all the boxes that list tree moss in the ingredients list (and the juice in the bottle is a light translucent green color), as those are the “bad” current release bottles.

Interesting view points. I only have the current release and haven't tried the vintage, so I'll have to defer to you two. What I can say is that the current version is plenty potent - and I dig it. I do hope to try the vintage one day to compare for myself. But I still think that the current bottle is worth the price of admission - especially since it's so inexpensive.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Beach.Od&New.Bottles.1&2.480.7-13-19..JPG

Top Bottom