What's new

What are the best value/bang for the buck shave items?

Didn't read responses so forgive me if there is repetition

Astra blades
Shark blades
Palmolive stick (1,5€ in my country)
Wilkinson stick
Tabac (seems expensive but soooo long lasting)

Maybe seems pricey but I must list Rockwell 6S

100$ is not cheap but after getting Rockwell I can shave every 2 days with ZERO negative effect on my skin. Something I was never able to to before and this is why for me this razor is priceless.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I would think that regardless of the price, quality, or anything else, if you buy a product and never or hardly ever use it, then it is poor value. A product you love, and use frequently, maybe even daily perhaps for years, is good value no matter what it costs. Obviously for consumables you can look at cost per use.

BiC blades, vintage Techs, Arko soap, Omega boar brush...its as simple and inexpensive as it gets while enjoying great quality.

Came to post Stirling shave soaps. Most Stirling products are a great bang for the buck, but I feel their soaps are their best overall value.

Palmolive cream / stick (£2)
Nivea post balm for sensitive skin (£6, but often half price)

Any brand of distilled Witchhazel, from any Chemist, used as a gentle, soothing aftershave (£2)

Astra SP blades seem, to me, to be a great balance of price vs quality

Had a couple of men-u shaving sets (brushes + creams) over the years , which are often on cheap offer in supermarkets in the UK and they seem to be a great quality brand at modest prices.

Lord L5 or L6. Lord Plat blades Dove/Irish Spring soap blend. Aqua Velva. VDH boar brush. Get the entire set for $20 total

Proraso can usually be found on sale around these parts. Plus, it was my first “real” shave cream that didn’t come in a can. So, I always have some in the den.

The store bought stuff (brick and mortar) is great value. Especially off brand knockoffs. Pinaud, AV, Brut, Nivea, Old Spice. All great performers at low prices.

Nivea sensitive skin balm- one of the best price/performance tools in my den

Proraso Green cream- inexpensive, consistent performance for a really good shave

Inexpensive AS balms that perform real well- Afta, Gillette sensitive Gel

Haul 2 12 20.jpgAS Gillette.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom