What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

Since buying a Nissan Micra, a lot of little lifestyle choices had to be made. One of which was a folding bike.
proxy.php

I just need to spin some miles to break it in!

Nice! Happy Birthday! Looks like a great match to that frame color. The bar tape is sweet!:001_wub: So glad that Brooks hasn’t cheapened their quality!

I am continuing to be patient with my B17 honey standard and black narrow saddles. I am long past wanting to get off after 10 miles, but I haven’t made it to ‘ride all day’. More like 30 miles, wish I was home, start standing on the pedals 5 minutes out of every 15. Miles are the answer. Light rain, but seems like every day this spring.

I really should have fully broken in the standard saddle before I got the narrow. One thing at a time, maybe? I got the narrow because it closely matched the dimensions of my 40 year old Ideale 80, which I am now afraid to mount for fear of theft. Irreplaceable.

Nice! Happy Birthday! Looks like a great match to that frame color. The bar tape is sweet!:001_wub: So glad that Brooks hasn’t cheapened their quality!

I am continuing to be patient with my B17 honey standard and black narrow saddles. I am long past wanting to get off after 10 miles, but I haven’t made it to ‘ride all day’. More like 30 miles, wish I was home, start standing on the pedals 5 minutes out of every 15. Miles are the answer. Light rain, but seems like every day this spring.

I really should have fully broken in the standard saddle before I got the narrow. One thing at a time, maybe? I got the narrow because it closely matched the dimensions of my 40 year old Ideale 80, which I am now afraid to mount for fear of theft. Irreplaceable.

I'm hoping my ample 225 pounds helps break the saddle in :rolleyes:

No picture yet, but I lucked into a 2012 Giant TCR with a nice set of 25c mavic wheels. I finally came to terms that my FeltZ95 didn’t fit me properly and I needed a slightly larger frame.

The TCR is my first carbon bike, and so far I am impressed. It’s comfortable and quick. I am getting back into riding after about 7 years off.

My wife has a new make Schwinn cruiser, I have an original schwinn suburbarn hanging in the garages that I need to clean up and get back on the road so we can enjoy some casual rides as well and not be restricted to the road bikes for all of our cycling adventures.

proxy.php

2013 Specialized Roubaix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! I have the 2018 version with the Future Shock (post #491). Still not sure if I like the shock absorption for the bars... Also, I downsized from 28mm to 25mm tires. How wide are your tires?

Nice! I have the 2018 version with the Future Shock (post #491). Still not sure if I like the shock absorption for the bars... Also, I downsized from 28mm to 25mm tires. How wide are your tires?

I’m on that delicate balance point. Too much pride to size up on tires, but not tough enough to size down. So it’s run whatcha brung for me, from 25s up to and including some 32s. (Too many bikes.)

I can’t quite convince myself to add any gravel sections on 28s, even though there are plenty of (younger) guys doing them on 25s. Thankfully, there are no cobblestones in the Pacific NW.

I'm quite amazed that the folder holds up to all the trails, hills, etc. that I put my bikes through. It does well. Way more than what I was expecting. I'll admit, I was almost waiting for something to buckle or snap, but I don't even feel any wobbling or shaking. I'm not one of the 'lucky' ones who got the few months off of work, so I'll be using up all the holidays and sick days this year, and then some!
proxy.php

The Motobecane is looking fantastic! :001_wub: Jealous of good riding weather! I am just doing shopping and errands by bike now, with some real winter weather currently featured in the Pacific NW.

My eldest son just bought a custom commuter bike built on a Soma Wolverine frame, so he is trying to tempt me away from my faithful Trek 930 utility bike and onto his college commuter, a Breezer Greenway Elite.

Should I do it? So modern, so aluminum, and the very idea seems disloyal. I haven’t even dropped the seat yet, let alone taken it on a grocery run. But the garage is overflowing, and something needs to go...
View attachment 1040040

Wow... just scrolled through and saw a Joe Breeze bike? One of my past bucket lists (along with a Salsa).

Rode in the Tour de Fronds on Saturday. I didn’t plan on doing essentially zero training, but that is how it worked out. I was completely whipped after the metric century to Eden Valley and back, with almost a kilometer of climb/descent. Sun and lots of forest shade in the mid 70 degree F range.
View attachment 991640

My trusty Fuji Tour is my main training bike, with nice robust tires for the forest roads and potholes.
View attachment 991639
Still breaking in that Brooks saddle, though. Yes, it is set at my most comfortable angle. Your mileage will definitely vary.

Made it to the top! (OK, the hardasses of all genders went much higher and further.) Mostly downhill for the return. Roadside poison oak everywhere. Careful where you step or sit!
View attachment 991638

I highly recommend the Tour de Fronds to anyone in western Oregon or Northern California.

Tour de Fronds was cancelled of course. :crying: Plus my eldest moved back home from Coos Bay, so no more couch surfing (or boogie boarding!) on the southern Oregon coast.

Wow... just scrolled through and saw a Joe Breeze bike? One of my past bucket lists (along with a Salsa).

The Breezer Greenway commuters have been great bikes for us. I bought my oldest and youngest sons each a Breezer commuter/utility bike when they went off to university. An SRAM derailer model and and a Shimano 8-speed hub version.

The oldest recently bought himself a custom Wolverine frame based commuter, so the derailer Breezer is contesting with my old Trek 930 unsuspended mountain bike for the top of the utility bike podium. Unless, that is, I can get my wife to let me sell her childhood/college Schwinn LeTour and take the Breezer on as her commuter.

The Schwinn is sitting outside, unlocked, (sporting a flat tire with a torn casing) but no one has stepped up and stolen it yet.

Apologies to the late reply. I just saw this. I just replaced the 26mm Specialized Turbo’s I had on it with 28mm Continental GP5000’s. I really like the Conti’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ridden a lot of tires over the years, even rode tubulars for a while, the Continentals
are really good . They ride well, grip well, good puncture resistance and overall a good wearing tire.

3 of my current bikes:

Framed Minnesota 3.0
IMG_20181012_105832805_HDR.jpg

Surly Pugsley
IMG_20200203_172949963.jpg

1995 Trek 850 Gravel conversion
UMSD9063.JPG

I have one other bike not pictured and that's my dad's 1989 Fisher Advance that was gifted to me when i moved out of the house as a means of commuting to work. I'm currently rebuilding it.

I have been a bike nerd for most of my life starting with BMX and then evolving into Mountain Biking and lately, a lot of gravel riding.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Nothing fancy for me, a Specialized Sirrus Comp Carbon with Mavic Ksyrium wheel upgrade. Just coming back from a collarbone break and my confidence is not returning, to be honest I am plain scared and not enjoying riding any more. I suppose I will just have to give it time.
20200607_100918.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Not sure if I've shown this here before, but this is my daily training bike, around 1990 hand-built Ritchey Road Logic.
Old 8-speed STI, 32 hole sew-up wheels with Vittoria 21mm glued on, all old school. I just replaced a worn out inner ring this week, put on a 34 to replace the compact 36T ... weak. :tongue_sm Flipped the stem, I'm not that young any longer ... if you can't ride in the drops for an entire crit it's too low. It was.

Ritchey.jpg

One of eight.

Nothing fancy for me, a Specialized Sirrus Comp Carbon with Mavic Ksyrium wheel upgrade. Just coming back from a collarbone break and my confidence is not returning, to be honest I am plain scared and not enjoying riding any more. I suppose I will just have to give it time.View attachment 1110208
I had two bad falls within a year and I've been riding for 40 yrs. So when my almost 60 yoa, 250lbs,
self falls I fall hard. As I have gotten older I think about the bad things that can happen on a bike ride
but I keep going. After a few rides I'm sure you'll be back riding with confidence.

Top Bottom