Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Bowl Plastic Yogurt
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Gillette Nacet 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Good lather and pleasurable application with the brush. Shave with this slant paired with blade not as smooth compare to yesterday's RR Slant. 1st wtg pass was nice but the next 2 xtg & atg passes resulted in some weepers and irritation. Very close though, between BBS and DFS. Haven't use an alum for 2 months so tried it and man...stings and red irritations! Ice water & Thayers calms it down. Hyaluronic softens further and refresh with just a light dab of AV Ice Blue. Rating 8/10.
Yesterday's RR German 37 Slant feels smoother.
20200531_105440.jpg

20200531_112804.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

Sunday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor Schick G8
Blade: Schick Injector (D7)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon Horn 27mm Brown Horse Hair
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Catie's Bubbles Bailey's Irish Coffee
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

Yummm. Smells delicious.

SOTD - Sunday 31 May 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Charcoal Goods - Level 1 Bishop
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Whaler - Schooner Color - 28mm Fan (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Black Ship Grooming Co.
  • Shaving Soap: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Barnacle Bob
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Barnacle Bob - Splash

Soap: PAA CaD
Brush: Omega 10081 synthetic
Razor: Gold Dollar 66 (Freshly honed Arkansas edge) (my first ark shave)
Aftershave: Stetson cooling moisture aftershave

Today was my first shave with an Arkansas edge.
I don't think I've had a closer shave in my life. The only edge of my own had before this one was an Imperia la roccia and this one blew it out of the park. It's quite similar to the jnat edge I'd gotten from a razor sold by mslater777 on eBay some time back. Very close with a bit of irritation. I like this will definately be favoring the arks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_085314.jpg
    IMG_20200531_085314.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
3C703239-4D13-4FB4-AA49-98DA34B22B2C.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY, MAY 31, 2020

Today marks the fourth shave with the new-to-me SS Supply V2 razor, and my final shave of the month. Although I usually like Schick B-20 Prolines in my injectors, I’m now on my third shave with a modified AC blade, a Feather Super in it. And to tell the truth, the prior two shaves with it have been spectacular. I’m really growing to like this razor as a head shaver, and the face shaves are every bit as good. If I weren’t such a creature of habit, I could get away with shaving every other day with this gear. I just enjoy shaving too much to ever do so.

For today’s shave I selected the special synth knot ferrule for my Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute brush. It should probably be renamed as the Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute Handle, as I have four different knot ferrules for it - a 24mm Synth used this morning, a 26mm Boar used yesterday, a 26mm Two Band Badger and a 24mm Hybrid Badger Boar. It’s like having 4 brushes in one. Software consisted of Stirling Glacial Obsidian Soap enhanced with 3 drops of M-Bomb along with its matching AS Splash.

The shave began with my usual cold water rinse following an early shower. The Synth knot ferrule on the Alpha Shaving handle whipped up a thick, glistening and slick lather from the Glacial Obsidian soap generating a delightful anise scent that brought back pleasant childhood memories of my Italian grandmother’s fresh anisette cookies. The Supply razor’s modified Feather Super blade swept away the minimal stubble remaining from yesterday’s shave with its usual aplomb. One pass (ATG) was all it took along with some selective buffing to return me to velveteen cue ball smoothness. I feel clean, cool, velveteen smooth and pleasantly refreshed.

RAZOR: SS Supply V2
BLADE: Modified AC Feather Super (3)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 24mm Synth knot ferrule
SOAP: Stirling Glacial Obsidian enhanced w/ 3 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Glacial Obsidian AS Splash

Thanks for another entertaining and informative narrative. That razor is sounding better and better. Reminds me of the adjustable s/s PAL injector I had many years ago.
I was frankly skeptical when I traded one of my International Silver Paul Revere injectors for it, but after 4 great shaves, I’m sold.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, May 31st 2020

Razor: Schick Champion injector L type theme series- Mfg 1976 for Montreal Olympics, Schick was a sponsor also.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (4) great blade with longevity, Sharpness and smooths out during it's life cycle.
Soap: Tabac- light floral scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft 24mm - great brush, closest thing to a worn in boar brush IMO with soft tips.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser +a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive skin balm. :001_wub:
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 weepers=:a17:great shave with my Schick Champion L type injector.

Sunday Schick shave, May31st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom