What's new

Funny shaving or non shaving story

Post a story, especially if it is funny, about shaving or non shaving.
A number of years ago I worked at UPS, I was a PT supervisor in charge of the sorters who sorted the packages to where they would get loaded into the package cars. This was on the Pre Load shift so we would start work at 3am. This incident happened a week before Christmas which for some reason UPS gets so busy at that time of year we called it PEAK season. As a PT supervisor we always had to dress business casual, which usually meant khaki's and polo's. I was glad the powers that be at UPS decided to change the dress code from shirt and ties for PT supes to the polo and khaki code we had. One thing that UPS was picky about at that time was facial hair. Drivers were not allowed to have beards and management was required to be clean shaven. I also officiate HS wrestling so I can be busy at this time of the year. I was actually double shifting when this incident happened, I was helping on the night shift so I would go into work about 9pm and stay until my shift was over at 9am, not bad hours for someone who is considered part time.

I was meeting with my sorters 10 minutes before start time, just letting them know about how many packages we were predicted and other info, when a newly promoted regional manager walked up to us and interrupted my meeting to yell at me. He noticed that I was not clean shaven, which I actually wasn't I have a heavy beard and if I miss one day I have to shave the next day or I look pretty bad. Anyway he was telling me that I had to be clean shaven and I would lose the respect of my employee's if I wasn't, blah blah blah blah , I actually toned him out until he said, " Go home and shave."
I asked if I heard him right and he said, " Yes go home and shave." He was okay with me finishing up prepping my sorters before I left. When I was done one of my rocket scientist sorters, he was in college majoring in aerospace engineering who now works for NASA so yes he is a rocket scientist, asked " You're not coming back today are you Boss?" My answer, " NOPE, he said go home and shave never said anything about coming back so I will see you guys tomorrow."

Wellllll Mr. Regional made a bee line to the sort managers office after he was done talking to me. When he entered my sort manager was talking to the building manager, the center manager, and my full time supervisor were just getting done with a short meeting when the Regional said," I just sent the PT supe in charge of the North Center slide sort home to shave because he looked like he hasn't shaved in a week."
My full time supe exclaims with a look of horror, " No you didn't" and ran out of the office. The other bosses started laughing as my FT supe left to try and catch me. The Center manager explained to the Regional that I lived 45 minutes away and if Mr. Regional did not tell me to come back I wasn't coming back to work until tomorrow. He also explained that since I ran my area the most efficient of all the areas and that since it was PEAK day they let whether I shaved or not some days slide since I was so productive.

I was just reaching the guard shack when my FT supe caught up with me and told me to get back to my area, when I started to argue because I was doing what Mr. Regional told me to do he told me " Shut the F up and get back to my area, just be sure to shave from now on."

Just before break time of that shift Mr. Regional came up to me asked if I was really not coming back. He was not too happy when I told him I lived 45 minutes away and that he had not told me to come back why waste 1 1/2 hours of my day just to shave. He then handed me some can of generic shave foam and a Good News disposable that he kept in his desk for "emergencies" and asked if I would go shave at break. I chuckled and said no. Before he started to get mad again I explained that since my beard was so heavy I had to shave with soap and a brush plus use a DE razor because that disposable and foam was not going to hack it on my beard. He then actually felt my beard and exclaimed " Damn you are right you do have a thick *** beard, if that is just one day I would hate to see a week."

Funny side note guess who started using a DE razor soon after that incident. Yep Mr. Regional.

Looking forward to reading your stories.

Not sure it’s funny, but it qualifies as somewhat strange, I guess. Many years ago, when I was an undergraduate, I was invited to a halloween party. I had little money and even less time to come up with a costume. Thankfully a girl who lived in the same dorm offered to let me and some friends raid her extensive makeup collection to improvise some cosmetic alterations. At the time, I had a mustache. Before painting my face silver, and my eyelids and lips a garish blue, I decided on the spur of the moment to shave off 1/2 of the mustache. Just as a goof. The whole time at the party, lots of people remarked on the face paint, but only one person, a guy, noticed The ‘stache. (All he said was “Oh, I see what you did. Very funny.” He was a dry dude). As my wife has said more than once, “people are dangerously unobservant.”

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not qualified as funny, but a true story: my father shaved for 27 years with 1(one) DE blade. I know, nobody will believe me.
Nope, you can't fool me! I believe you, truth is stranger than fiction my friend.

When I was in college I worked one summer doing framing. As we had to be up at the crack of dawn and work started early, I had no desire whatsoever to get up even earlier to shave. So, for a few weeks I didn't shave at all.

Then the facial hair started to drive me insane. I took a disposable and started trying to shave off the growth. It was rough going and I knew I needef a sharper razor if I was going to get it done. I was almost halfway through when I made this realization, so I pressed on until one half of my beard was completely gone, then drove down to the store to get a new razor.

I knew where they were but went up to a woman who worked there, making sure she could only see one side of my face, and asked her where they kept their shaving stuff. After she told me, I turned my head so she could see the other side.

She practically gasped and tried really hard not to laugh. I looked absolutely ridiculous. My buddies and I got a kick out of this. My facial hair grows really fast and at that time was very dark, so I basically had a full and completely unkempt beard one one side of my face and was clean shaven on the other.

@kingfisher
Your story kind of reminds me of a stupid thing I did in highschool.
I went to a barber shop to get a haircut and back then there was a trend of sharp pointed sideburns going around.
So I asked the barber to get pointed sideburns. But she made them different shapes.
So after one day I decided to correct the error myself with a twin-bladed disposable. Of course precision cannot be achieved too easily with such a tool so I ended up taking too much of one sideburn off and then shaved off both of them higher than my temples to achieve a symmetric finish, basically walking with two holes on the sides of my head.:biggrin1:
Nobody noticed until the end of the next day at school and all my colleagues started laughing. Luckily, the hair grew back in about two weeks.

Top Bottom