What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 25th - May 31st, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
28/05/20
- Razor : Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 (WRH2 Handle)
- Brush : Romera Silvertip 2 Bandas (26mm)
- Lather : Ingá Mythos Brisa (Soap)
- Aftershave : Ingá Mythos Brisa (Lotion)
- Blade : Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (#3)

proxy.php
Wow! Killer brush.

Morning all, just a stellar shave this morning. I have used all these products before and this combo is just great.

Lovely Super Adjustable loaded up with a fresh GSB and dialed in on 4 is just about perfect. Smooth and mild but getting the job done.

Lovely three pass shave. Smooth as can be. The Super Adjustable is about as good as it can get for me. Don’t get me wrong I love my Fatboys and Slims but I really enjoy the shaves from the Super. I have a NOS 69 Gold Super 109 still in the package that I stare at lovingly. Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 84 - 1969 O1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Stirling Satsuma
Aftershave: Stirling Satsuma
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Acqua di Parma Colonia
57F4D2EC-D077-42B1-A294-761B01457AC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Thursday, 5/28:

20200528_084528.jpg

Razor - Occam's Razor Enoch
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - Leonidam "Vlad" 26mm Cashmere
Soap - Phoenix & Beau Night Witch
A/S - Zingari Man The Soloist balm

Sorry this is long, but I'm sort of excited by today's results. I first started off planning to bowl lather, then totally forgot about the bowl and went into a face lather. I wasn't sure how this brush was going to splay, but just a little pressure splays it nicely, and the hair literally feels like silk. Like, actual silk. I think this is the same knot as Craving Shaving's Crave knot, and I don't know what its "common" name is, but I don't think I've seen it called a Cashmere before. I thought Cashmere was more of an ivory monocolor knot through other vendors, but that's what Davide calls this. Whatever it is, the thing is unbelievable. Beautiful performance: I had a silky, shiny, creamy lather from the soap in no time.

I then tried something different with my first pass today. When the lather was at its thickest and most protective, I did my usual downward WTG strokes on my cheeks, but once got to my neck, I continued down and at an angle away from the center for more of a XTG-ATG hybrid instead of my usual upward WTG strokes. I found that with a fresh face and a fuller lather, the strokes down were easier, smoother, and just plain better than when I attempt this on a third pass touch-up. I went upward WTG on my second pass, and was rewarded with a much closer job done on my neck than I usually get unless I do a lot of finagling. My face feels excellent, with zero irritation and no red bumps, which those downward strokes can often cause me. This shave was just awesome: super close, wonderful post-shave feel, and in less time. I want to try this with a number of other razors before I proclaim it a success and change my approach, but wow. I guess you can go several years doing things the same way, and then switch things up on a whim and come away with a revelation. 10/10

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, May 28th 2020

Razor: Gillette Fatboy, 195.....-Mfg 1959 4th qtr E4- great shave on settings upward 5,6,7 worked excellent.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock super platinum(Black)- great blade for a DE IMO.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore- on of my favorites , great scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm (Sagradia Familia) A famous cathedral I visited in Barcelona Spain.
Pre-shave: Shower + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on Beard area, regular soap just makes my eye blood shot it seems.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Avon true gent balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with 1959 Gillette Fatboy.

SOTD, Thur, May28th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom