What's new

Sold all my elite artisan soaps. This is what I kept...

Going back to basics. “Old School” as the cool kids call it:

proxy.php

Oh, I should also note that I have a puck of Haslinger Aloe as well. I really dig the scent.

I don’t think I’m going to miss those expensive artisan soaps that I use to collect.

I went way down the expensive, artisan rabbit hole... Grooming Dept, B&M, A&E, Oleo, Zingari, etc. Always chasing the newest bases and must have scents. But honestly in the end, nothing makes me as happy as these humble, legendary working man soaps.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I should also note that I have a puck of Haslinger Aloe as well. I really dig the scent.

I don’t think I’m going to miss those expensive artisan soaps that I use to collect.

I went way down the expensive, artisan rabbit hole... Grooming Dept, B&M, A&E, Oleo, Zingari, etc. Always chasing the newest bases and must have scents. But honestly in the end, nothing makes me as happy as these humble, legendary working man soaps.

it's an easy rabbit hole to fall into. ;)

I completely agree. I use William, Haslinger, MWF, Tabac, Clubman. I only have one artisan and that is Moon Soap Union scent but once it's gone, it's gone. That rabbit hole is endless...

I'm right there with you on this.
I started ordering limited run soaps from different small batch makers and while some have been okay, I haven't really found something that makes me think i would want it all of the time.
the value of some of those you have listed (which I have) is really hard to beat ( and besides they lather great).

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
For me Tabac and MWF are the two best soaps I have ever tried and along with Cella this makes a great trio and all you could ever need. I have no interest in limited edition soap drops of the latest and greatest, which are subsequently rendered obsolete when their makers bring out a new 'base' this time made with with vegan albino unicorn tears. YMMV👍

Top Bottom