What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Dinner tonight was a piece of Mahi Mahi that was lightly coated with Penzeys Justice seasoning (Shallots, garlic, onion, green peppercorns, chives, and green onion). The fish and some mushrooms and peppers were sauteed in a skillet with a mix of butter and olive oil. A spritz of fresh lemon juice and zest and a slice of homemade no-knead sourdough bread completed the plate.

20200520_180123.jpg

Tim

Last night was grilled chicken with Penzey's Northwoods rub and finished with a mix of Sweet Baby Ray's Kickin' Bourbon and low sodium Worcestershire sauce.

20200521_191007.jpg

Plated with asparagus, honey twist pretzels, and Sam Adams Summer Ale with a wedge of lemon and lime to wash it all down.

20200521_191304.jpg

20200521_190300.jpg

Tim

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've got a couple of chicken legs marinating in lemon juice, Henderson’s Relish and chilli sauce. They'll be roast with onion and sweet potato, and served with steamed broccoli.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I’m having a potted meat sandwich. No plate. No napkin. No sides. Just filling my gut.

The missus is going full-on Indonesian on me, as it is Eid tomorrow, and is making rendang. West Sumatran beef curry - her mother was from a place called Padang there. Her recipe is stew beef for a long time in a sauce of chilli and coconut milk until the curry is so reduced it is dry. There are a lot of other spices in there but it's a family secret...

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Just finished a mess of chicken and rice. Later I will do refried beans and flour tortillas.
Growing up we would just use a whole cut up fryer or even just chicken legs. But now I prefer cut up boneless skinless chicken thighs.
8C9424AF-D6FA-4F65-ADEA-C279A78078C0.jpeg

Another hot day in paradise.....

Cold dinner planned. Left over smoked chicken, avocados, and tomatoes. With some chilled wine.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Simple is as simple does... Fresh sourdough with oil/vinegar/herbs/parmesan/romano. The olive oil and vinegar came from the Olive Mill in Gilbert, AZ. Great stuff!

IMG_2357.jpeg

First brisket attempt in many years. Pleased with the results although it was more dry than hoped for. Still, a confidence boost for future smokes. We installed a new gasket on the BGE last weekend and it was gratifying to see how well the cooker maintained temperature.
2C8992C9-03CD-4381-A75D-24333E0ABA2C.jpeg

Tonight it's Costco's Stuffed Peppers. Red, Yellow, Green and Orange peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground beef and other good stuff.

Last night was grilled chicken with Penzey's Northwoods rub and finished with a mix of Sweet Baby Ray's Kickin' Bourbon and low sodium Worcestershire sauce.

View attachment 1103426

Plated with asparagus, honey twist pretzels, and Sam Adams Summer Ale with a wedge of lemon and lime to wash it all down.

View attachment 1103464
View attachment 1103465

Tim

That all looks delicious. I love Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and Sam Adams Summer Ale goes down so nice and easy. The only thing that threw me for a loop was the Honey Twist Pretzels. We have a large container of them (thanks to Costco) and I have never considered putting them on the same plate as my dinner. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. :thumbup:

Top Bottom