What's new

Green Cella Scent

7A14B97E-5776-4E22-B6D0-19873957E59F.png

I have no doubt Cella Bio is a good product, but it seems to go for ~$12.00USD in the States. I'd rather spend another $1.60 and get something like Stirling instead. YMMV. I have to assume it costs less to acquire in Europe.

Quick question:
Is the scent the same for Balm as for soap?

I am a big Cella fan but the green balm sample i got not only left me
unsatisfied with the scent but also left a weird rash on my face (like sunburn)
So now i am confused if i should buy a tub of the crema.

Quick question:
Is the scent the same for Balm as for soap?

I am a big Cella fan but the green balm sample i got not only left me
unsatisfied with the scent but also left a weird rash on my face (like sunburn)
So now i am confused if i should buy a tub of the crema.

Yes, the aftershave scent is also fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no doubt Cella Bio is a good product, but it seems to go for ~$12.00USD in the States. I'd rather spend another $1.60 and get something like Stirling instead. YMMV. I have to assume it costs less to acquire in Europe.

You would be getting your monies worth, for sure. I just received my first tub of the Cella Bio, and its one of the best products I have ever used, and it smells fantastic. As others have said....peppery, citrusy a little floral with light cedarwood in the background.

Its a hard cream in the tub, a classic Italian 'croap' I guess some call it - and its performance is truly outstanding. YMMV of course, but for me it performs better than some of the best creams (ADP, SMN, ABC and Castle Forbes) AND soaps (MWF, Haslinger, TOBS, WK, GD) out there. If I never uses another cream or soap again, I'd be happy with Cella Bio.

Last edited:
Is the performance of the soap identical to Cella red? I saw in this thread someone said it did not produce irritation like Cella Red does for them, but as far as lather goes, is it 100% equal to Cella Red (and if so, tub or brick) ?

Also, Cella Green says it is 150ml which works out to a bit over 5 oz for $10.95 on Maggard. Stirling (which i have not yet tried myself either) is 5.8 oz approximately for $13.60. Ounce for ounce Cella Green is cheaper than Stirling, so if you prefer the scent then it is good value. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they offer a Kilo brick of Cella Green yet, but who knows, maybe they will someday soon?

Ummm, it smells like a straight up clone of Hermès eau de l’orange vert.

Very nice. Light. Citrusy. like an Italian colonia.

It’s not really anything like terre d’hermes aside from the one citrusy note. Tdh is a cedar bomb with orange top notes. Cella green has no wood, except maybe some bamboo, and more of an orange blossom scent.
Just my opinion.
Complete differences of opinion about what soaps smell like make me feel much better about my almost complete inability to describe scents.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Complete differences of opinion about what soaps smell like make me feel much better about my almost complete inability to describe scents.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You can always just say a soap smells "good" or "bad". I actually pay more attention overall to the ratio of positive to negative reviews, or when people break out the superlatives (Amazing, incredible, spectacular, phenomenal, fantastic) The products that really put me on the fence whether to buy or not are the ones that have love/hate relationship, where both groups of people use superlatives in both extremes. Tabac obviously being a classic example

Is the performance of the soap identical to Cella red? I saw in this thread someone said it did not produce irritation like Cella Red does for them, but as far as lather goes, is it 100% equal to Cella Red (and if so, tub or brick) ?

Also, Cella Green says it is 150ml which works out to a bit over 5 oz for $10.95 on Maggard. Stirling (which i have not yet tried myself either) is 5.8 oz approximately for $13.60. Ounce for ounce Cella Green is cheaper than Stirling, so if you prefer the scent then it is good value. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they offer a Kilo brick of Cella Green yet, but who knows, maybe they will someday soon?

Personally I would pay the 12 bucks to Cella and keep the $1.60 change vs Stirling.

To your question, the ingredient list is completely different. They are not even close.

The red is a soft soap (water is the 6th ingredient), whereas the green is a cream (water is first ingredient). Having said that, both are wonderful performers and worth in my opinion.

Cella uses only the highest quality ingredients and have been in the soap business for 120 years.

As I said, my skin reacts a little with red Cella in the first ~30 minutes after shaving, but it fades away afterwards and leaves my skin very smooth. With Cella Bio the redness does not happen.

I find that the original Cella red is more moisturizing and a little slicker than the green, probably because of tallow. Anyway, I won’t be without either

...Cella Green says it is 150ml which works out to a bit over 5 oz for $10.95 on Maggard. Stirling (which i have not yet tried myself either) is 5.8 oz approximately for $13.60. Ounce for ounce Cella Green is cheaper than Stirling, so if you prefer the scent then it is good value...
Stirling is nice and all, but we have someone saying Cella Bio performs better for them than Antica Barberia Colla, which is an insanely expensive Italian cream that costs over $75 for a 100ml tub. Also, better than Acqua di Parma cream, another hyper expensive one. That does get my interest up.

Top Bottom