What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

Ran to the bathroom at 7:00 AM then ran back to bed.
Ah yes! Resistance training.
l do that too!
When I get the urge to exercise I resist.

I started running again because they took down the tennis nets in Denver.
How uncivilized of them.
Also, I was a sprinter in high school and college and I do enjoy interval training.
Today I am aggressively slow but, I still enjoy it.

Week 9 day 2 C2 5k
Thirty minute run. Boy does it feel good to be able to run for a half hour without stopping. I'm doing Couch to 10k on alternate days because I wasn't happy with just 3 days a week. The c2 10k runs this week are 4x10 minutes with 1 minute walks between. I found that a little more challenging than the 30 minute runs.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Glad to find a thread with some runners! I'm currently on a running streak of 76 straight days. This morning was my typical easy 1.2 mile jog at 5:45 in the hood, then a shower, shave, take out the dog, breakast, kiss the wife and commute to work.

On Saturdays and Sundays I do a bit longer, 3.2 mile runs for a modest 12.4 miles per week. I've been logging at least 500 miles/year for the past 3 years or so. Do an occasional 5k or 10k, especially those where they have beer at the end. Not very fast, middle of the pack for a middle age 40ish dude.

Ran one marathon back in 2013, never plan to do so again. Have run about 10 half marathons, much easier. May do another couple of those in the future if any strike my fancy.

Am blessed to live in an area with lots of outdoor recreation opportunities and a strong running community. Love running trails and try to do so at least once on the weekends but lately with the quarantines and what not it's just been the neighborhood, which is also fine as I'm fortunate to live in one that is great for runners/walkers.

Last edited:
Week 9 day 2 C2 5k
Thirty minute run. Boy does it feel good to be able to run for a half hour without stopping. I'm doing Couch to 10k on alternate days because I wasn't happy with just 3 days a week. The c2 10k runs this week are 4x10 minutes with 1 minute walks between. I found that a little more challenging than the 30 minute runs.
Way to go!
I look forward to the day when I cross that finish line.

Glad to find a thread with some runners! I'm currently on a running streak of 76 straight days. This morning was my typical easy 1.2 mile jog at 5:45 in the hood, then a shower, shave, take out the dog, breakast, kiss the wife and commute to work.

On Saturdays and Sundays I do a bit longer, 3.2 mile runs for a modest 12.4 miles per week. I've been logging at least 500 miles/year for the past 3 years or so. Do an occasional 5k or 10k, especially those where they have beer at the end. Not very fast, middle of the pack for a middle age 40ish dude.

Ran one marathon back in 2013, never plan to do so again. Have run about 10 half marathons, much easier. May do another couple of those in the future if any strike my fancy.

Am blessed to live in an area with lots of outdoor recreation opportunities and a strong running community. Love running trails and try to do so at least once on the weekends but lately with the quarantines and what not it's just been the neighborhood, which is also fine as I'm fortunate to live in one that is great for runners/walkers.

Plenty of good runs in Denver, too.
Maybe a 5K in the fall if we're lucky.
Run Happy!

A near perfect cool morning before 7:00 am here in the mountains for an easy 3.2 mile run. Low 50s, was rewarded with the sight of a large black bear in my neighbors driveway.
The black bear 5K how cool.!
Well done!
It’s in the 50s in Denver after a couple of nice thunderstorms overnight. Today is an off day on my Couch to 5K schedule but It’s a day with my granddaughter and we will go for a good family walk. Maybe a workout with weights later today.
Stay healthy and safe cowboy.
Ed

A near perfect cool morning before 7:00 am here in the mountains for an easy 3.2 mile run. Low 50s, was rewarded with the sight of a large black bear in my neighbors driveway.
Very cool but I'm kind of an animal wienie. I once came upon a raccoon that stood his ground and freaked me out. He stood on his back legs and hissed at me. I remember him being about 6 feet tall. :eek2:
Another time I was running on a trail in Monterey County when I came inches from stepping right on a rattle snake that was sleeping in the middle of the trail. I was able to jump it. I don't think he even woke up but I about had a heart attack.

Finished Couch to 5k a couple of days ago but I'm continuing with the 10k program. Today was 4x 10 minutes with a 1 minute walk between. It was very challenging. Weather was absurdly humid. Summer is on its way to SE Louisiana.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
@Davidkimberly If I saw a rattle snake on a trail I would absolutely have a heart attack! The humidity in the southeast does make running in the spring/summer a challenge. I'm one that has to do my runs fairly early in the day as I do not like to deal with the heat.

Another easy 3.2 miles in the neighborhood this morning, no bears, just the usual squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits & crows.

Very cool but I'm kind of an animal wienie. I once came upon a raccoon that stood his ground and freaked me out. He stood on his back legs and hissed at me. I remember him being about 6 feet tall. :eek2:
Another time I was running on a trail in Monterey County when I came inches from stepping right on a rattle snake that was sleeping in the middle of the trail. I was able to jump it. I don't think he even woke up but I about had a heart attack.

Finished Couch to 5k a couple of days ago but I'm continuing with the 10k program. Today was 4x 10 minutes with a 1 minute walk between. It was very challenging. Weather was absurdly humid. Summer is on its way to SE Louisiana.
Did the Racoon raise its arms and chatter before you kept over the Rattlesnake?!
Why that’s the secret ritual!
You’re now a member of the Royal order of Racoons!

@Davidkimberly If I saw a rattle snake on a trail I would absolutely have a heart attack! The humidity in the southeast does make running in the spring/summer a challenge. I'm one that has to do my runs fairly early in the day as I do not like to deal with the heat.

Another easy 3.2 miles in the neighborhood this morning, no bears, just the usual squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits & crows.
That’s more like it.
A routine Critter 5K. (Sans rattlesnakes)

Couch to 5K
Week 3 Day 1
28 minutes (Shorter duration longer running intervals)
1.84 miles
Off to a good start and no Achilles pain.
Baruch Adonai!

I missed my last two runs.
A high leg cramp.
I’ve been stretching, gently massaging, and added mineral supplements. Going for a hilly walk with my wife. The hills will measure my progress.

Top Bottom