What's new

King C Gillette Razor Blades

Anybody have a take on the King C Gillette razor blades. I'm curious are they mild, or more on the Nacet side or somewhere in the middle?

Theyre Russian Gillettes. I find them to be similar to the Silver Blues and considering that the Silver Blues were incuded with the Heritage razor last year, Id be inclined to believe that they are Silver Blues.

Well, the AoS store sells PPI Gillette Platinums.
The Gillette Heritage comes with PPI Gillette Platinums.
The KCG blades are platinum coated and made in Russia.
If they’re not relabeled PPI Gillette Platinums I’ll eat my shoe.

They have to cost that much, otherwise it doesn’t look like a premium product, and Walgreens doesn’t make any money (they’re actually cheaper than the dispensers of Edgewell Personnas the store sells.) And they’re quite a bit cheaper than the Brazilian Platinum Plus blades they had four years ago at 3 for 5.99. So I wouldn’t expect them to cost any less than six bucks per pack. But, of course, the same blades are widely available online for a quarter the price apiece if you don’t care about the label.

Well, the AoS store sells PPI Gillette Platinums.
The Gillette Heritage comes with PPI Gillette Platinums.
The KCG blades are platinum coated and made in Russia.
If they’re not relabeled PPI Gillette Platinums I’ll eat my shoe.

They have to cost that much, otherwise it doesn’t look like a premium product, and Walgreens doesn’t make any money (they’re actually cheaper than the dispensers of Edgewell Personnas the store sells.) And they’re quite a bit cheaper than the Brazilian Platinum Plus blades they had four years ago at 3 for 5.99. So I wouldn’t expect them to cost any less than six bucks per pack. But, of course, the same blades are widely available online for a quarter the price apiece if you don’t care about the label.

Great analysis!! :clap::clap:

What was the cost? I heard that they were going for 60 cents a blade. Seems extravagant.
I suppose it depends how you look at it. Theyre certainly expensive compared to what you can get Gillette Silver Blues for on Amazon but youre also paying for the convenience of being able to instantly buy them at a local pharmacy.
You cant really compare the price of Amazon or Ebay to the price of a brick and mortar store. You may say that you dont care and are going to go with whatever is the cheapest and thats cool. I personally like being able to buy quality DE blades at a local pharmacy. I mean, whats it been, like 40 years since you could buy a Gillette DE blade in your local pharmacy or grocery store? I'll gladly pay a bit more to support that.
Just the other day I ordered 60 King C blades from Walgreens.com and today when on the way home I stopped at a local pharmacy and bought up all of the blades that they had (they only had like 2 packs on the shelf).

Top Bottom