What's new

Wolfman - Brushed Basic/Matte Finish Pics

Hi all,

I just received my new Wolfman today with the Brushed Basic/Matte finish and thought I'd post some pictures since there's not many out there to see with this finish. There's now plenty of good pictures available of the Basic Polished finish and it's pretty great, so it's understandable why it's seem to have become the most common choice, but after receiving my Brushed Basic/Matte, I can say that it's pretty great, too. I had originally signed up to buy the Basic Polished, but decided to switch at the last minute, and I'm glad I did.

I was a bit worried that this finish might be too industrial, but it's actually rather elegant, especially when seeing it in person. Rather than sparkle in different lighting like a polished razor does, it sort of glows instead, which I find really appealing.

I know there's a few others on the forum that have the Brushed Basic/Matte finish, so hoping some of you might add your pictures to this thread to increase the visibility of this finish option.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Good choice. I may switch my order when it comes up too. Very nice. Which blade gap did you go for?

That's very helpful. Thanks for posting! I filled out the order form last month in anticipation for a long wait.

Hi all,

I just received my new Wolfman today with the Brushed Basic/Matte finish and thought I'd post some pictures since there's not many out there to see with this finish. There's now plenty of good pictures available of the Basic Polished finish and it's pretty great, so it's understandable why it's seem to have become the most common choice, but after receiving my Brushed Basic/Matte, I can say that it's pretty great, too. I had originally signed up to buy the Basic Polished, but decided to switch at the last minute, and I'm glad I did.

I was a bit worried that this finish might be too industrial, but it's actually rather elegant, especially when seeing it in person. Rather than sparkle in different lighting like a polished razor does, it sort of glows instead, which I find really appealing.

I know there's a few others on the forum that have the Brushed Basic/Matte finish, so hoping some of you might add your pictures to this thread to increase the visibility of this finish option.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Beautiful razor! Congratulations!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fantastic
Probably more durable compared to the polished finish maybe in terms of showing small scratches?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Knowing Wolfman's reputation, I was trusting that the Basic Brushed finish would be better than the description on their website made it sound. I was able to find a couple pictures online that gave me some confidence, but was still not 100% certain that I chose the right finish until it arrived.

Congrats on your nice new Wolfman!

I have the same WR2/WRH1 matte basic and love the maintenance free finish. I have owned (still own BBS-1 below) several high polish Wolfman razors and they look nice, but require constant attention. The Wolfman high polish is amazing and the finest finish in the industry, but with the basic matte, a quick rinse/wipe down and put away.

WR2 basic matte left, BBS-1 high polish right. Not the best picture, but you can clearly see the difference in finish...

IMG_5165.jpeg

It looks great.

I went for the mirror finish and I thought that with use it might show some wear and scratches. However, so far it is just as nice as the day I bought it.

Top Bottom