What's new

The Wolf has Landed

I got the the 1.25 SB. Just finished the first spin. I’ll wait a few more shaves before the coronation, but the initial shave was probably as smooth as any razor I’ve ever used. Perhaps a little smoother than my Timeless SS .68, , Ti .95, my Crat #15, my New LC, RFB or my 17-4. Not sure I’ve used a smoother razor. The efficiency seemed better than my Timeless .95, my Ti .95, my 17-4, Karve E or the Crat #15. I think it’s a good bit smoother than my Wolf WR-1 .86 and a little more efficient. I would initially rate the efficiency a touch behind a CG Level 3 or a Karve F. For the inaugural shave, it definitely redlined the wow meter. Appearance-wise, I think it’s only peer would be the 17-4, but I think the Wolf is the GOAT there. For me, it was worth the 8 months between initial waitlist and delivery. I’ll report back in a couple weeks after about 10 shaves or so.

excellent report and your findings are quite accurate. I also have the 1.25 WR2, its such a smooth shaver, definitely a step up in efficiency compared with the Timeless 95 SB and for me on par with the smoothness. The only issue i came across at the beginning was that it was so smooth, it led me to a false sense of security allowing me to whiz around my face as if a had a mild razor in my hand, which led to a few weepers.

Once the gap was respected the wolf produces nothing but close, smooth, weeper free shaves

My Wolfman is currently in transit. I opted for WR2 .94 combo with the WRH7. I prefer milder razors in general and don’t often use a comb. I wanted something a little different with this razor. What should I expect?

congtrats, your gonna love it

the OC side should theoretically shave a little closer

Why would it shave closer if gap is the same? Unless one presses it on the skin so that the skin goes into the gaps , but so much pressure would be bad anyway even in solid bars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would it shave closer if gap is the same? Unless one presses it on the skin so that the skin goes into the gaps , but so much pressure would be bad anyway even in solid bars

not exactly sure why but they do when all else is equal, for example game changer.84 v jaws, same razor make and gap

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

not exactly sure why but they do when all else is equal, for example game changer.84 v jaws, same razor make and gap
The open comb simply allows for more direct contact between the blade and the skin, thereby making the shave more ‘efficient.’ That’s been my experience, anyway.

I had a 115 and a 125 DC heads. I could tell no difference in efficiency but the OC side of both were harsh, to me. The 115 OC was tolerable but the 125 OC was no fun at all on my mug. I do know a ton of guys that love the OCs tho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I got the the 1.25 SB. Just finished the first spin. I’ll wait a few more shaves before the coronation, but the initial shave was probably as smooth as any razor I’ve ever used. Perhaps a little smoother than my Timeless SS .68, , Ti .95, my Crat #15, my New LC, RFB or my 17-4. Not sure I’ve used a smoother razor. The efficiency seemed better than my Timeless .95, my Ti .95, my 17-4, Karve E or the Crat #15. I think it’s a good bit smoother than my Wolf WR-1 .86 and a little more efficient. I would initially rate the efficiency a touch behind a CG Level 3 or a Karve F. For the inaugural shave, it definitely redlined the wow meter. Appearance-wise, I think it’s only peer would be the 17-4, but I think the Wolf is the GOAT there. For me, it was worth the 8 months between initial waitlist and delivery. I’ll report back in a couple weeks after about 10 shaves or so.

What's your skin like? Your whiskers? Do you have trouble spots?

I ask because I'm trying to determine which Wolfman to order when my name reaches the top of the list. Mostly I'm torn between the 1.15 and the 1.25. I am an every day shaver.

I like my mild feeling Timeless Ti 95 OC and my smooth feeling Timeless Ti Slim SB, but neither are as efficient as my smooth feeling, close shaving Mühle Rocca R95. Both the Timeless plates can be Daily Drivers for me. I'm not 100% sure that's true of the R95, but I'm testing it by using it daily for the present, and enjoying the learning curve.

Here's what my skin and whiskers are like.
  1. I have easy to shave cheeks. BBS is very possible on my cheeks.
  2. I have a terribly difficult to smooth soul patch. Even with the handle of the R95 loosened a quarter turn and a lot of buffing I may or may not achieve BBS in the soul patch.
  3. My neck is but a terribly difficult to smooth. It's rarely BBS anywhere with most razors (unless they're too much like the iKon Tech). The R95 does perhaps the best job on my neck, but usually does't leave my entire neck BBS.
  4. My chin is hard to smooth too but less difficult than the soul patch or neck.
  5. My whiskers are old man tungsten carbide especially on the soul patch, upper lip, chin.
  6. My skin is probably a bit more sensitive to irritation than average but I don't want to act like I have impossible skin because I don't. Feather blades shave me closely but leave my skin irritated post shave so I don't ever use them anymore. Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI are it for me in the DE blade world because they're both sharp and smooth feeling.
  7. I'm not a huge BBS chaser. I value comfort more than BBS. Still, I want a very close shave along with a very comfortable shave so I'm like most experienced hobby shavers in that regard.
I can't remember right now how I liked the Karve F OC and G, but I know I didn't hate either. I've not tried them as Daily Drivers.

Comments like yours talking about the smoothness of the 1.25 and its efficiency as compared with razors I know are super helpful, but only if I know a bit about your skin and whiskers as compared with mine.

Thanks for any further information.

Happy shaves,

Jim

What's your skin like? Your whiskers? Do you have trouble spots?

I ask because I'm trying to determine which Wolfman to order when my name reaches the top of the list. Mostly I'm torn between the 1.15 and the 1.25. I am an every day shaver.

I like my mild feeling Timeless Ti 95 OC and my smooth feeling Timeless Ti Slim SB, but neither are as efficient as my smooth feeling, close shaving Mühle Rocca R95. Both the Timeless plates can be Daily Drivers for me. I'm not 100% sure that's true of the R95, but I'm testing it by using it daily for the present, and enjoying the learning curve.

Here's what my skin and whiskers are like.
  1. I have easy to shave cheeks. BBS is very possible on my cheeks.
  2. I have a terribly difficult to smooth soul patch. Even with the handle of the R95 loosened a quarter turn and a lot of buffing I may or may not achieve BBS in the soul patch.
  3. My neck is but a terribly difficult to smooth. It's rarely BBS anywhere with most razors (unless they're too much like the iKon Tech). The R95 does perhaps the best job on my neck, but usually does't leave my entire neck BBS.
  4. My chin is hard to smooth too but less difficult than the soul patch or neck.
  5. My whiskers are old man tungsten carbide especially on the soul patch, upper lip, chin.
  6. My skin is probably a bit more sensitive to irritation than average but I don't want to act like I have impossible skin because I don't. Feather blades shave me closely but leave my skin irritated post shave so I don't ever use them anymore. Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI are it for me in the DE blade world because they're both sharp and smooth feeling.
  7. I'm not a huge BBS chaser. I value comfort more than BBS. Still, I want a very close shave along with a very comfortable shave so I'm like most experienced hobby shavers in that regard.
I can't remember right now how I liked the Karve F OC and G, but I know I didn't hate either. I've not tried them as Daily Drivers.

Comments like yours talking about the smoothness of the 1.25 and its efficiency as compared with razors I know are super helpful, but only if I know a bit about your skin and whiskers as compared with mine.

Thanks for any further information.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I think 1.15 might be perfect for you based on your description. I have a 1.25 WR2 that is about perfect for me, but I don’t have especially sensitive skin.

Top Bottom