What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I just bought a 100 pack of Tatra blades. I'm in a participation PIF (you can read about it here). The blades are exceptional, so I looked them up on Amazon. 100 blades for $10 (and they were prime). I couldn't pass that up. So even though I have no need for 100 more blades, I pulled the trigger.

Got 200 Treet platinums last week from IB for a good price. Recently tried a those blades and they seem to be good middle of the road blades under $25 CAD for 200 blades is a good price.

Last night found some Sputniks for a good price and ordered 100. I haven't tried these and reviews seem mixed but as they are made by P & G in Russia I took a gamble as I get along well with all the other Russina Gillette blades....

Just bought some 100 packs of dirt cheap blades on amazon
Shark ss
Shark sc
Shark platinum
Asco platinum
Usta
Lord platinum class
Lord chrome
Rainbow
Crown platinum
I'd be interested in knowing how the Crown platinum and the shark platinum compare to Lord Platinum which is one of my favorite blades.

I'd be interested in knowing how the Crown platinum and the shark platinum compare to Lord Platinum which is one of my favorite blades.
Great question. I’m doing a bladescapade right now. Pretty much all of the lord factory blades.

the shark platinum and crown platinum are equally great for me. They are VERY similar to the Lord “platinum class” in the white box according to my memories. . Possibly the same blade, but I’m going to find out in a few days.

All 3 are superior to the lord tajam platinum in the red box and lord platinum premium in the black tuck. I think the premium and the tajam are the same blade.

the lord platinum in the black/white/blue/yellow is also up in the rotation in the next week or so. As is the asco platinum.

I had to see if they’re the same as my beloved PolSilver.
A575F1D1-D4FF-4EE7-B701-93B1C6BB460B.jpeg

200 Israeli Personna. I don’t know about their continued availability as there are so many different versions circulating about their plant closure.

250 wizamet, I had less than 200 Polsilver
200 7 o clock permasharp Wanted to try and works nice in old type
100 silverblue I was out.
Now I wait for the flea markets to open and look for vintage.

Tried the Wizamet super iridium and would reorder again. To me it’s the same as a Polsilver.
ordered from France and it arrived quickly. Wife did make mention that she saw it on the bank statement.
just put a smile to my face.

Top Bottom