What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Coffee
1CB9B61F-5CDA-49B0-BE4C-A5352AABAFBA.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Thank you, sir. It does have Indiglo. I've been impressed with the strap - real leather and very soft. But if I get bored with it I can always change it out. Been eyeing some leather NATO straps.
Changing out straps can be half the fun of owning a watch.

Obviously, changing NATO type feed-through straps is easy, but to play the game right and use all those great two-piece straps out there, you'll need a springbar tool. You can get reasonable $5 cheapies on the 'bay or at Amazon, or for less than $20, you can get a French-made Bergeon--the kind watchmakers use. One of those will last you a lifetime, and can be much easier to use.

Either way, changing out straps can make a big difference in a watch's personality, and, as I said, it's a lot of fun. Just be sure you know your watch's lug width (yours is probably a 20 or 22 mm) so the fit is right.

(Check out Antique Hoosier's posts. He swaps out straps all the time on that nice Longines of his. It's like wearing a new watch every day.)

Last edited:
Changing out straps can be half the fun of owning a watch.

Obviously, changing NATO type feed-through straps is easy, but to play the game right and use all those great two-piece straps out there, you'll need a springbar tool. You can get reasonable $5 cheapies on the 'bay or at Amazon, or for less than $20, you can get a French-made Bergeon--the kind watchmakers use. One of those will last you a lifetime, and can be much easier to use.

Either way, changing out straps can make a big difference in a watch's personality, and, as I said, it's a lot of fun. Just be sure you know your watch's lug width (yours is probably a 20 or 22 mm) so the fit is right.

(Check out Antique Hoosier's posts. He swaps out straps all the time on that nice Longines of his. It's like wearing a new watch every day.)

I've got a springbar tool already. I switched out a strap on another watch for a NATO from Crown & Buckle.

Just got this yesterday. Timex Expedition Field Chronograph - my first analog chronograph. I realize it's not the fanciest watch available, but I like the overall style of it.
View attachment 1097011

Sir, I respect your choice of a Timex. Expensive watches are indeed enticing, but I can't see wearing a small fortune on my wrist. I'm nearly seventy, and the only really "fine" watch I've ever owned was a Certina, bought nearly fifty years ago - it was a disappointment, putting it mildly.

I'm in the market for a watch with a blue face, to celebrate my seventieth birthday. If I don't find something I like at a flea market, it may well be a Timex.

Cheers,

Gauthier

Sir, I respect your choice of a Timex. Expensive watches are indeed enticing, but I can't see wearing a small fortune on my wrist. I'm nearly seventy, and the only really "fine" watch I've ever owned was a Certina, bought nearly fifty years ago - it was a disappointment, putting it mildly.

I'm in the market for a watch with a blue face, to celebrate my seventieth birthday. If I don't find something I like at a flea market, it may well be a Timex.

Cheers,

Gauthier

Thanks for your kind words, Gauthier. Happy birthday, and many returns!

The watch adorning my wrist today is a Vincero. Not a high end watch by any stretch but what is unique and something I have not seen in any other watches, even high end ones, is the use of a thin slice of Italian marble for the watch face. When they were available you could choose from green, black, white or storm grey Italian marble. I went with the green, which I hope you can appreciate in the photos below.

View attachment 1088314View attachment 1088315View attachment 1088316

The middle shot gives you an idea of how beautiful green veined marble is.

Tim

I like how it looks. I'm surprised you got 4 likes on your post given how much watch heads hate fashion watches especially Vincero.

Top Bottom