What's new

Haslinger (Tallow)

Gents,

One of my pals recently gifted me quite a few tallow based Haslinger soaps, which are no longer produced.

I have so far tried the Coconut...
86D101CC-E6D8-4BB9-9347-0DA08EB66FFB.jpeg
F39EA13F-3A6D-40B1-8AD0-96801CCB667F.jpeg

and the Sandelholz...
769AA2E5-B6E3-42D6-B61F-3D22743673BB.jpeg
78E7677D-05F3-4B4C-9780-D38A617A5FC2.jpeg
They were both incredibly AMAZING, and the performance was superior.

Vr

Matt
55A3AC36-FC79-4C17-AC71-283E31F8214A.jpeg

I've never tried the tallow version. Jealous of you to be honest. But I am a huge fan of their current non-tallow version. I have the Aloe Vera, but am looking at the coconut and schafmilch as well.

When I heard they were going non-tallow I got three pucks each of Schafmilch and Coconut. An incredibly good soap.

Thanks for the kind words gents!

Ohansen,

Usually I press soap into the bottom of my lather bowl, but these pucks are too hard for that. So I put very hot distilled water on top of the puck during my shower. I discard it into a little dish afterwards, and I fill up my syringe. I shake out the brush I also had soaking while in the shower, and I start to load and build the lather on the soap with the damp brush. When I need more water for the lather, I add 1ml of the bloom water via syringe. It does not take very long at all with these tallow Haslinger pucks.

An interesting point...by the time I add my first ml the water is almost gelatinous...probably from all the tallow!?

At any rate...thanks again for the kind words gents. I think I am using Eufros during my next shave.

Vr

Matt

Brought our my Haslinger Tallow this week. Fantastic soap. But, is it as good as its non-tallow brother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m tempted to take the plunge with Haslinger soaps. My question is are the scents fleeting ? Which of them has the strongest scent profile ? Am tempted by schaffmilch, sage and sandalwood, but would like to know from users of these what can expect from them
Thanks

I’m tempted to take the plunge with Haslinger soaps. My question is are the scents fleeting ? Which of them has the strongest scent profile ? Am tempted by schaffmilch, sage and sandalwood, but would like to know from users of these what can expect from them
Thanks
All Haslinger soaps are very lightly scented.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom