What's new

Rockwell 6S &(C): Favorite Blade & Plate Combination

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Been using my 6S for a while, daily head/face shaves.

Usually use it with Derby Extra blades, really forgiving since I do the majority of my shaving with the R5, although the first face pass is sometimes an R2, depending on how much growth there is.

I find that I get satisfactory results with just one WTG and one ATG pass. Enjoy the razor!

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rockwell 6S realy works with almost any blade. I like to start with sharp blades like the GSB or the feather on a low plate, usually plate 2 and to use a higher plate every day while the blade slowly get dull.

Hard whiskers and sensitive skin

Day 1 Plate 2 is a good choice
Day 2 and 3 on Plate 3
Day 4 Plate 4
Day 5 & 6 with Plate 5

I have landed on Plate 4 as my favorite. I have discovered I (and my face) like razors on the milder end.

Favorite blades from my notes?
Feather, Kai, Polsilver/Wizamet (not known for being one of the sharp ones), Bic Super Chrome., Perma Sharp Super.

Blades that were not as good as the above ones for me?
Dorco Prime Platinum (which is fantastic in my Karve)
Nacet
Personna Lab Blue
Voskhod

Overall, I think I like a sharper blades in Rockwell, at least on 4. Shocking that I have not actually tried a GSB in my Rockwell. YMMV and good luck!

Plate 6 on my 6c with Derby Premium works very well for me. As does Plate 6 with Gillette Platinum, Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India), Derby Usta, Asco (Orange Pack) or Gillette Winner. Plate 6 is simply great with just about any blade (but not Shark Super Stainless or Derby Extra).

6S Black here. Using plate 6.
Best blades so far with this has been Rapira Platinum Lux, BIC, Rapira Swedish Supersteel, Ladas, Permasharp. Best being Rapira Platinum Lux.
Also russian Gillette blades (Rubie, Platinum, 7o clock yellow and black, Super Platinum dark blue) seem to work fine with it. Worst so far Personna plat chrome (blue pack) and Gillette indian green. Also Voskhod gave me very rough shave when I tried that but I have to check that one out again some day. Might have had something else conflicting the glide or something. Astra SP is somewhere in the middle, neutral ok blade.

Found that plates 3-5 are not giving me enough effective shave so I need more passes which results more irritation.
With plate 6 I get all done with 2 wtg passes nicely. Have to have really really good lather though.

I got My Rockwell 6S (black) in the mail today. I think on my first shave I’m going to use the #4 plate with a Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge.(yellow pack) No particular reason. I’ve never tried that blade so now is a good time.

I like plate 3 with a feather or plate 4 with most other blades. I feel the Rockwell is amazing with so many different blades that it is a fun razor to experiment with a variety.

Daily shaver (6c and 6s). I was using plate 4 and it became a little overkill for my daily shaves. I'm going to go back 4 but switch from an IRP to something like a Wilkinson Sword and see if that is the right combo. I may even try the Rockwell blades :eek2: and see what happens.

So far the Astra SP is my favorite, the IRP is great, the GSB was fine for 4-5 shaves and I didn't like the 7'Oclock yellows.

Right now I'm at plate 3 and loving it.

I have tired the rockwells in a couple of razors and I am not a fan. I have not been able to finish the shave either time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tired the rockwells in a couple of razors and I am not a fan. I have not been able to finish the shave either time.

The Rockwell blades seem to get universally panned. I was hoping they would be calibrated to work with their own razors if nothing else.

Yeah that was my hope as well. Does anyone know if they are rip offs of another blade or are they completely separate from the “known” blades?

First shave with my New 6S. A perfect shave! Best I’ve ever had. #4 base plate with Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharpedge (yellow pack)

Top Bottom