What's new

Rockwell 6S &(C): Favorite Blade & Plate Combination

I just ordered a Rockwell 6S (black) and want to get a line on what blades members like the most for a particular numberEd shave plate. It will give me something to think about while I’m waiting. I don’t have a TV, and being locked up in my apartment waiting for this CoVid crisis to end leaves me with a lot of time for thinking...and shopping onlin.

I too have been doing a lot of shopping since this started. I also purchased a 6s so I am curious to her the replies. I have heard the 4 base plate is similar to the EJ89. I may start with a 3 knowing this. My first blade to try in there would be an Astra green or a Gillette blue silver.

What blade are you thinking of trying first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the #4 plate and a feather blade. I’m about to test the BIC blade because I’ve heard good things about them. I’m really pleased with my 6S and Feather combination.
Hmmm. I’m a bit gun shy of the feather blades. I’m not afraid of agressive razors by any means but even in my gentle EJ DE86 my whole face felt like it had been scraped. That was earlyDE shaving days though, so I’ll have to get back up on that horse.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Hmmm. I’m a bit gun shy of the feather blades. I’m not afraid of agressive razors by any means but even in my gentle EJ DE86 my whole face felt like it had been scraped. That was earlyDE shaving days though, so I’ll have to get back up on that horse.

The 4 plate is pretty mild. I will second #4 with a Feather. If you are skittish start off with the #3 or #2 until you get it dialed in. 6c user here.

I have since sold it, but the 6s was my favorite razor for a long time. I almost exclusively used plate 3 with an Israeli Persona in the red packaging. It was a great combination.

I was afraid of the Feather for quite some time, but once I realized how smooth the 6S is, I gave it a try. Shave slow, and use good technique and it will be fine. Get in a hurry or get a little careless with your technique and it will bite. I got it today because I let my attention wonder to something other than the blade.

I have since sold it, but the 6s was my favorite razor for a long time. I almost exclusively used plate 3 with an Israeli Persona in the red packaging. It was a great combination.
That sounds like a good combo to start exploring my new 6S with.

My best shaves come from three passes, R3, R3, then R2 for touch ups and scrubbing. I prefer mild razors with sharp blades. Current ranking of 15 or so blades in my trial is:
Personna Red (1)
Gillette Nacet (2)
Feather (3)
that said, I just received some Personna med prep blades that I’ll trial next week
Good luck! I hope you get many close, comfortable shaves.
Cheers,
IBD

Another vote for BIC Chrome Platinum, close and comfortable shaves possible with any plate, even 5/6 (with care). Start low, and have fun experimenting.

Congrats, its a great razor.

I like the following blade and plate combination.
Tiger platinum grey - 6
Voskhod - 5/6
ASP - 4/5
Feather - 2/4

That's my experiencenat the moment. But the rockwell works with almost any blade.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

I got the 2C not the 6C or 6S, but I love plate 3 with any blade - tried it with personna med prep, Astra SP, Rockwell, 7 o clock green and even some Lazer blades from India and I get nick free shaved consistently on it. Plate 1 does nothing for my hair, so I’m always on 3

Top Bottom