What's new

Who isnt going back to their barber shop when all this is over?

hah I didn't end up doing it, kind of wanted to see what would happen but I think i'll just keep growing and donate it again. I don't even have a hand mirror I have no idea how I would have cut the back

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
EAA99DFE-36CF-49A1-86D8-49516DC1AE39.jpeg

I won’t be returning for a long time if at all. I’m a rocker, and always preferred having long hair. Only reason I cut it was for my day job. When I do gigs in tribute bands, I wear a wig. It looks cool, but I feel like a fraud. No more. I am going to stop denying who I am. My hair will be long, I tells you! Robert Plant long! And any business that discriminates against me because of my hair will be hearing from my attorney. I am unanimous in this! My hair will have it’s own gravitational pull and weather system! You will not deny its power!

Well...that certainly went off the rails quickly.
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I've been trimming mi own hair like since Oct 2018 IIRC.

On one of those times I even shaved the dome.

Don't know if it wasn't that flattering or people just weren't used to see me that way. And I wasn't used to that tacky sensation all over my head.

Anyway, I trim mine because of the bald spots so no much is needed for me stylewise in order to be presentable.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I hope barber shops are the first things to open up. I even ordered a bottle of Plague Doctor aftershave to give to my barber when I go back for my first buzz. He's about 30, tatted up, and should enjoy it.

Since I'm nearly bald I've been buzzing off the remnants of my flowing locks, with a set of $20 clippers for years.
But, once per month I treat myself to a hot towel shave and a haircut at a Turkish barbers shop near where I live. I Will continue to do that for two reasons, first I love the experience and secondly, small business' are having it very tough right now and their long term survival will depend on people retuning to support their businesses when the lock down is over.

I will without a doubt return. In some respects I feel it is an obligation to try and help other members of my community to financially recover from the gut punch this virus has delivered to their lives.

I tried the girlfriend kitchen cut experience. After the first decent cut you think ‘great that saves £40 a month’, but soon you realise that the nice thing about a barber is he cuts your hair when you need it. He doesn’t ‘not feel like it’, it’s never ‘been a long day’ he’s never ‘not talking to me’ there’s never something he wants to watch on telly, he’s never on the phone to him mam etc etc etc etc etc. So what I’m saying is your girl will get over the novelty of giving you a haircut in double quick time, and call me cynical but in my experience most women aren’t all that giving. Most wouldn’t even give you a fright if they were a ghost so an hour a week grooming you then sweeping up the kitchen will lose its lustre fast. Plus once they’ve got you in that chair, you sort of owe them a conversation. And they collect on that. I can’t wait for my barber to reopen.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I tried the girlfriend kitchen cut experience. After the first decent cut you think ‘great that saves £40 a month’, but soon you realise that the nice thing about a barber is he cuts your hair when you need it. He doesn’t ‘not feel like it’, it’s never ‘been a long day’ he’s never ‘not talking to me’ there’s never something he wants to watch on telly, he’s never on the phone to him mam etc etc etc etc etc. So what I’m saying is your girl will get over the novelty of giving you a haircut in double quick time, and call me cynical but in my experience most women aren’t all that giving. Most wouldn’t even give you a fright if they were a ghost so an hour a week grooming you then sweeping up the kitchen will lose its lustre fast. Plus once they’ve got you in that chair, you sort of owe them a conversation. And they collect on that. I can’t wait for my barber to reopen.
LOL! You sir may have stumbled upon the reason I stayed in business so long!

I had more men come to me for only one haircut because they'd hat a spat with the Missus!

You've just given me an idea for another chapter in the autobiography I'll never get around to writing!

LOL! You sir may have stumbled upon the reason I stayed in business so long!

I had more men come to me for only one haircut because they'd hat a spat with the Missus!

You've just given me an idea for another chapter in the autobiography I'll never get around to writing!
Anything for a quiet life, if my girl just brought me my meals and never uttered a single word to me id be a happy man.

FarmerTan

Anything for a quiet life, if my girl just brought me my meals and never uttered a single word to me id be a happy man.
Well, when my wife and I were dating, we made a deal. All I asked of her was she not talk to me while I was reading. Honestly! We still laugh about the fact that the FIRST thing she does is say "I just have to tell you this...." when I pick up the newspaper or a book!

Love her more than breathing, and hope I get to die before her, but I always tell her my next wife will be a mute....

Man, I hope she never reads this! My barn is unheated...

I get a #1 buzz, but I'll be happy to go back to my barber. It's worth $23 every 5-6 weeks for the following reasons:

1. I don't have to clean up the mess at home.
1a. I don't have to listen to my wife complain about the mess I made.
1b. I don't have to ask my wife to help with areas I can't see.
2. My eyebrows won't look like Andy Rooney, or butchered when I try to do them myself.
3. The back neck area gets shaped and shaved.
4. Any errant ear hairs, which I can't see, get trimmed. Nose hair I do myself anyway.
5. It gets me out of the house. There's a deli next door to the barber, a bakery across the street and a Home Depot on the way home. If I make a slight detour on the way home, I can get a great pork roll, egg and cheese sandwich.

It's called Taylor Ham.:letterk2:

Well, when my wife and I were dating, we made a deal. All I asked of her was she not talk to me while I was reading. Honestly! We still laugh about the fact that the FIRST thing she does is say "I just have to tell you this...." when I pick up the newspaper or a book!

Love her more than breathing, and hope I get to die before her, but I always tell her my next wife will be a mute....

Man, I hope she never reads this! My barn is unheated...
I just love peace when I can get it, I have my girl and 2 little daughters so there’s never a minutes peace. Someone is always crying. When I eat I won’t speak or be spoken to, a man should eat in peace, same when I read, and now I don’t wanna be spoken to when I drive either, I pass this off as a safety rule but I just want to be left alone. If my girlfriend starts singing I stare at her till she stops. None of them seem able to follow those rules btw. Where’s the peace??

FarmerTan

I just love peace when I can get it, I have my girl and 2 little daughters so there’s never a minutes peace. Someone is always crying. When I eat I won’t speak or be spoken to, a man should eat in peace, same when I read, and now I don’t wanna be spoken to when I drive either, I pass this off as a safety rule but I just want to be left alone. If my girlfriend starts singing I stare at her till she stops. None of them seem able to follow those rules btw. Where’s the peace??
Well brother, with 3 females you are outnumbered. I highly recommend you count the blessings you have, while you have them. Those 2 younger females won't be young for long, and will more than likely have a say in which old folks home you live in!

Well brother, with 3 females you are outnumbered. I highly recommend you count the blessings you have, while you have them. Those 2 younger females won't be young for long, and will more than likely have a say in which old folks home you live in!
Hahah definitely, wise words on all levels.

Top Bottom