What's new

Micromatic Monday

IMG_20200410_085548.jpg

GEM DAMASKEENE + GEM stainless(5)/Lyakseyka_73 Поляна/Shavemac badger/CLUBMAN PINAUD AFTERSHAVES — BAY RUM

the blade passed the initial aggressiveness and finally a soft shave, like a GEM))

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Greetings all and I hope you're having a good day!!! Micromatic Monday (aka GEMonday) is rapidly approaching, and I'm VERY curious to know who will be joining, and what razor you'll be joining with. Remember, all GEM, Ever-Ready, Star and Treet single edge razors are more than welcome and heartily encouraged.

Now I've got some good news and bad news -- really it's good news and bad news in regards to me....hopefully you guys are all doing well. The good news, we will soon have our first Treet Single Edge shave!!! :thumbup::clap::a14::thumbup1: I can tell you're all excited -- I know I am!!! I've been announcing the razor list for sooooooo long (some may say too long), and that list has always been: yellow moons, orange stars, pink hearts and green clovers ...ummm, hold on....those are the original Lucky Charms cereal shapes....what I meant to list are: GEMs, Ever-Readys, Stars and Treets. But alas, the Treets have never made an appearance, but that can and will change with this relatively recent acquisition:
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Now for the bad news -- I'm probably not going to be able to use this or any other razor on Monday -- and I'm not sure when I'll be shaving again. I've got a nice case of hives which started well below my beard line, but it's marching up the left side of my throat and face. I believe it was caused by an insect bite, but it could also be flora allergy). Either way, I'm in bad shape, dermatologically speaking, and while I'd love to believe this will clear by tomorrow, it's more likely that I'll be suffering with them for several weeks. So that's that. It'll be a real Treet when I can shave with this fairly modern marvel -- it is sort of a cross between a Micromatic Clog-Pruf and a Gem Junior 1912. Oh I do want to point out that the handle brown and hollow. It's a touch lighter than the red bakelite that came with my 1912 Star.

Stay safe, my friends....and I'll enjoy your shaves from the sideline for now.

Greetings all and I hope you're having a good day!!! Micromatic Monday (aka GEMonday) is rapidly approaching, and I'm VERY curious to know who will be joining, and what razor you'll be joining with. Remember, all GEM, Ever-Ready, Star and Treet single edge razors are more than welcome and heartily encouraged.

Now I've got some good news and bad news -- really it's good news and bad news in regards to me....hopefully you guys are all doing well. The good news, we will soon have our first Treet Single Edge shave!!! :thumbup::clap::a14::thumbup1: I can tell you're all excited -- I know I am!!! I've been announcing the razor list for sooooooo long (some may say too long), and that list has always been: yellow moons, orange stars, pink hearts and green clovers ...ummm, hold on....those are the original Lucky Charms cereal shapes....what I meant to list are: GEMs, Ever-Readys, Stars and Treets. But alas, the Treets have never made an appearance, but that can and will change with this relatively recent acquisition:
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Now for the bad news -- I'm probably not going to be able to use this or any other razor on Monday -- and I'm not sure when I'll be shaving again. I've got a nice case of hives which started well below my beard line, but it's marching up the left side of my throat and face. I believe it was caused by an insect bite, but it could also be flora allergy). Either way, I'm in bad shape, dermatologically speaking, and while I'd love to believe this will clear by tomorrow, it's more likely that I'll be suffering with them for several weeks. So that's that. It'll be a real Treet when I can shave with this fairly modern marvel -- it is sort of a cross between a Micromatic Clog-Pruf and a Gem Junior 1912. Oh I do want to point out that the handle brown and hollow. It's a touch lighter than the red bakelite that came with my 1912 Star.

sorry to hear of the dermatological issue......may you heal quickly.

that is a nice specimen !!!!!!

I dont really like GEM's that much but guess I'll join in.......

should be using the flying wing..........but I hear the g bar calling my name. maybe throw the bullet in later in the week.

be well all.

camo

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Man so sorry to hear about the hives. I've had an allergic reaction to antibiotics twice that resulted in something like hives or a mild to moderate case of shingles to be more accurate. No fun at all. They covered 100% of my body but luckily only lasted a few days. I didn't realize the first time that it was a reaction to the antibiotics. The second time was worse and almost immediately after taking the antibiotics so I put 2 and 2 together and talked to my Dr. They confirmed that to be one of the reactions.
Anyway hope you feel better soon.
And congrats, that is one of the best looking Treets I've seen. I've considered getting one but most of them have looked pretty sad. Or been way overpriced.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

I hope you get well soon Fred, we know you will be there but not shaving this time. Nice Treet razor you have, I have seen them before and the safety bar looks like a Clog Pruf safety bar IMO.

GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip / New GEM PTFE Blade
Tabac Soap
Tabac As Splash
Tabac Balm

Having not shaved since Friday, it was a welcome experience this morning, and proceeded to have a glorious 2 1/2 pass shave (3rd/touch-up pass on the neck for that BBS feel). I like Bullet Tip, mine has the 'Magic Eye'.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday April 13th 2020, Its going to be a A.S.R. family offspring shave with the Star bar #4 and like usual it gives me the type of shave I like and shaving with a 100 year old razor is a blast from the past.

Razor : Star bar #4 lather catcher- MFG 1920-(Kampfe brothers- A.S.R "Star brand"umbrella of company's) great razor! Kampfe brothers were producing the first safety razors produced in the USA over 20 yrs before Gillette & Gem even exsited!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) best blade to shave with IMO.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore "Firense" very enjoyable soap to use with excellent lather qualities!
Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- one of my favorites!
Pre- shave: Shower with CeraVe face scrub+ a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: AVON " True gent" cologne with witch hazel + Avon True Gent balm- I really like the balm-Home run IMO!
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave and hit my target sweet spot.
MMMonday April 13th 2020 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Get over it soon, @Flintstone65 ! Nice Treet, btw.

And congrats, that is one of the best looking Treets I've seen. I've considered getting one but most of them have looked pretty sad. Or been way overpriced.

The only wild Treet I’ve seen ticked both those boxes. Sad, bad, and wildly overpriced.

Now that I’ve spent 2 1/2 hours in grocery store lines, it is time to pick a razor.

I dont really like GEM's that much but guess I'll join in.......

Too bad about camo’s GEMojo. He’s used to be good for some inspiration. Fred is sidelined. Razor choices are all over the map. I might have to make up my own mind, keep this Monday eclectic and use the BEST non-Micromatic ASR razor .... [wait for it] the Shovelhead!

Fast, easy, and smooth... like one of Fred’s baby dolphins, swimming under spring skies in the Adriatic.

E-R Pat Pending Shovelhead / PTFE (3)
Omega cream / Omega 10066
Proraso Lozione Dopobarba green

If there was ever a grab’n’go shave, this was it. More Michelin 5 star than mini-mart in the results, though. A PTFE on shave 3 is in its prime.

C8C7385D-229F-42ED-914E-DDF6A8239E2D.jpeg

Fast, easy, and smooth... like one of Fred’s baby dolphins, swimming under spring skies in the Adriatic.

E-R Pat Pending Shovelhead / PTFE (3)
Omega cream / Omega 10066
Proraso Lozione Dopobarba green

If there was ever a grab’n’go shave, this was it. More Michelin 5 star than mini-mart in the results, though. A PTFE on shave 3 is in its prime.

View attachment 1086343

I like that razor stand.......which just gave me an idea. bet money I can turn one of those on my brush mandrel!!!!!!

camo

Top Bottom