What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

proxy.php

1st shave with this new to me Kikuboshi 24 kamisori. Also a first for shaving with a kamisori grind, it went well not quite as close as I wanted but it was different with trying to use the one side (it shaved with opposite side) it just was a little awkward with the asymmetric blade. But I will get used to it and Glad to own it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proxy.php

1st shave with this new to me Kikuboshi 24 kamisori. Also a first for shaving with a kamisori grind, it went well not quite as close as I wanted but it was different with trying to use the one side (it shaved with opposite side) it just was a little awkward with the asymmetric blade. But I will get used to it and Glad to own it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful razor. Congratulations and enjoy!!!

I took care of that for you, Larry!

I love the old wade and butchers, they hold an edge that is surperb. I just fixed mine, there is still a slight divot left that you can see using a loupe, but as far as shaving with it, it should be fine. Did it on 2 of my coti's and finished it up with about 200 strokes on my surgical black ark., then 50 passes on stiff linen, 70 passes on horse hide, and then 40 passes on scotch shell. I did a HHT an it severed every hair it touched...so sharp it could split atoms. Cant wait for the next shave with it. Tomorrow I might break out my oldest blade I own, I will post when I'm done.

Larry

Last edited:
Strop - Tony Miller 3" Steerdovan

Brush - Brush made by @Hyloworks

Bowl - Captain's Choice Lather Bowl

Soap - Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber. I got this soap from a PIF on another forum. Since I cant see my nephew for a bit I had to try the soap since I love tobacco scented grooming products. Now I'm hoping my nephew doesn't like it so I can keep it.

Aftershave - Whiskey Woods. I have the tobacco leaf and amber balm but I was thinking whiskey woods would compliment this soap really well and it did. Whiskey woods is cheaper than the balm.

20200409_202335_compress56.jpg

Top Bottom