What's new

Post Your Wish List of Guns: Preferably in Order of Desire

CZ makes great rifles. I have several. Have had more. Never a problem. CZ rimfires are my first recommendation for anyone looking for a bolt gun.

I have no doubts that CZ makes good pistols due to all I see on the range.

However, most CZ O/U shotguns are made in Turkey by Huglu. They may be an ok for a gun that sees limited use, but high round count takes its toll. I have seen a few on the clay fields and a year or so of steady shooting does a number on them.

A friend just got a new Huglu CZ O/U a couple of weeks ago. The metal finish looks like a rough black oxide and scratches easily. The woods not great, either. So far, it has gone bang everytime, though

CZ has an expensive model clay gun. All American, I think. I don't think it is a Huglu. It may be a good gun, but costs as much as a new Browning. I would be afraid parts would be hard to come by years down the road.

Last edited:
I only have 1 on my list.

20DC395C-AFF5-4855-A8B9-AFF720451A76.png

I am lucky to have most of what I want/can obtain in this state but there are still a few things I'd like get:

-H&K 416
-MK12 Mod 0 Upper
-Finish my LMT MWS
-MARS Armament 1911 Build

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Sig P220 Elite 10mm
WW2 Wehrmacht P-35 Hi-Power
WW2 BYF P-38
Steyr M357-A1
S&W 1006 10mm
S&W .32-20 4th-Change Hand Ejector
HK .357 Sig USP Compact
Polish Tokarev TT33
Due to acquisitions & a wee bit o’ reevaluating, alterations are in order ... the revised hierarchy of wants:

HK .357Sig USP Compact
LRB Arms Viet Nam Era ‘As Issue’ M14
East German Makarov
S&W 1006 10mm
WW2 Wehrmacht P-35 Hi-Power

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Here's a short list of mine:

1. Springfield Champion 1911 .45 ACP (have to wait on retirement for this one)
2. Glock 20 10mm
3.Browning Hi-Power 9mm
4. Marlin 1895 SBL Lever Action 45-70
5. M-1 Carbine .30 Not necessarily a USGI surplus, but wouldn't turn one down for the right price. :)
6. Henry Golden boy .22 LR
7. Older Winchester LA .44 mag
8. Find a reasonably priced pre 64' Winchester model 70 in 30.06
9. A S&W Mountain in .44 mag. Either a model 629 or an older 29.
10. Either a Browning Buck Mark or a Ruger Single Six with dual cylinders in .22 LR and Magnum

This put me on top of the mountain and satisfy my gun lust. At least for a few years. :)

What's yours?

You need to get with the program and get one with a Tactical Timmy weapon light. :biggrin1:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
And the LGS just had #7 show up! This is one imposing rifle in person! 30" barrel and no less that an inch in diameter at the muzzle end! I NEED IT!!!
110EP.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Lol'd. You really are a NUT! :)
Maybe just maybe. But...
1) When you absolutely postively need to kill a Mack truck a .338LM is a good start for those of us without a DOD clearance or a class 10 FFL and...
2) Lobbing a 300gr bullet 2000 yards at 2800fps makes me tingly in places I don't want to mention.
I really need therapy! :lol:

P.S. .338LM ammo is sooooo much cheaper than .50BMG or CheyTac .375 or CheyTac .408. Way I see it I'm being fiscally responsible! What's that? MORE therapy? Fine!

Last edited:
Top Bottom