What's new

Blind SR Shaving

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I can give myself a decent shave using a cart or DE razor without a mirror. As my SR shaving technique is improving, I am starting to wonder if others can give themselves a recent mirrorless shave with an SR.

I don't think that I yet have the skill, but have you successfully shaved with an SR "blind"?

Good heavens, no and I still have my nose in place to prove it. To me it would be like driving a car blind folded. Then again I recall some posts four or five years back by a blind man that used a straight razor. He stopped posting rather abruptly and I do hope that the reason wasn't straight razor related.

I can shave without a mirror but its not BBS. Blind, no way!

Jarrod from TSS shaved blindfolded in one of his vidoes, I would end up being the new scarface...

, I am starting to wonder if others can give themselves a recent mirrorless shave with an SR.

I don't think that I yet have the skill, but have you successfully shaved with an SR "blind"?

I never tried it, but I suppose it's all down to highly developed muscle memory.

In some ways closing your eyes whilst shaving increases concentration on your technique (blade in contact with your skin), since there are no other visual distractions?

It’s definitely possible. Once you’ve got it down and done it a few hundred times you would not need a mirror. I recently discovered that I can touch type almost perfectly without looking. I’ve never learned it or tried before but I type for several hours every day. I’m sure that I could iron a shirt blind folded too. Not as fast or as well to start with but it would be serviceable. With shaving you have the advantage of feel. Try it!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Thank you Tomo. Like using my left hand to shave, I think I'll leave "blind" SR shaving alone until after our hospitals are not as busy.

I appreciate your input.

Does a headshave count ?
I do shave my head with shavette sometimes. It happens in front of mirror, but it is blind behind.
So half-yes to question.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I lived on my boat for several years, without a mirror. One or two careful shaves and you get the hang of it. I know where my face is and I know where the razor is. I also cut my own hair. I live in a house now, equipped with a mirror, but I can't see the back of my head. Everybody says my haircut is fine, even in the back wehre I can't see.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have considered it but haven’t tried it. I did manage to shave in the rear view mirror in my care once. If I did try it without a mirror, I would be sure to use a round point. Anyway, I enjoy gazing at my terribly handsome face for ten minutes every morning just out of bed.

Yes, I clean up the back of my neck “blind,” and I’ve also done a head shave without the benefit of seeing the back of my head.

TBH, I really only get nervous around and behind the ears. :)

Top Bottom