What's new

Name a song or Album That Rocked your World

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
220px-ACDC_Back_in_Black_Single_Cover.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
A Roger Williams recording of "Rhapsody in Blue" from back when I was a kid in the 1950s. First inkling I had that there was a world beyond rock 'n roll.

Too many to list, but the top three would be:
Deep Purple-Machine Head
Metallica-Kill 'Em All
Judas Priest-Defenders of the Faith

Queen - grabbed by Bohemian Rhapsody, but blown away by Prophet's Song and Liar
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast song and album. But Rime of The Ancient Mariner is even better.
Metallica - Ride The Lightning album
ACDC - First time I heard Whole Lotta Rosie and Let There Be Rock on live album, I was hooked
Deep Purple - Lazy. Jon Lord was the perfect rock organist.
Beethoven 6th - first heard about age of 5 and it still gets me.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
For me it was "Live Bullet" by Bob Seeger and The Silver Bullet Band. I called that album Bob Seeger starving musician vs Bob Seeger superstar that to me never had the same punch. Live Bullet really captured his insane popularity in the Detroit area.

There were three "clAssical" albums that goes me away when I was a kid. Gershwins Rhapsody in Blue played by Oscar Levant, Tchaikovsky symphony #6, and (I'm sure this is misspelled) Bachianis Brasilia snng by Marni Nixon, absolutely haunting.

A Roger Williams recording of "Rhapsody in Blue" from back when I was a kid in the 1950s. First inkling I had that there was a world beyond rock 'n roll.
Known to classical enthusiasts as the United Airlines theme song. That being said, Rhapsody in Blue is one of the greatest songs ever composed by man, (Gershwin). Spectacular.

MtB.jpg

This was the first album that I ever bought with my own money when I was 10 years old. I couldn't play this one enough. Unfortunately for me my brother, who is eight years older, took it with him when he went off to collage in '65 and I never saw it again.

Top Bottom